Fred Armisen and Carrie…

Nerdist Podcast: Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein

The hilarious Fred Armisen and Carrie Brownstein tell us how they come up with ideas for Portlandia, Fred talks about his days in the Blue Man Group, and we learn that old people love listening to The Nerdist!

Buy seasons 1 and 2 of Portlandia!

Comments

1. Josh says:

Oh man, “Slave CUNT”?? So, that’s like, an internship or something? Seems like a neat opportunity. And by “neat” I mean well kept. “Slave CUNT, one well kept opportunity.” Really. Who could turn down an opportunity like that?

To be honest, I’m not really sure what’s going on on this comment thread. I’m on twitter now, riffing about how weird a zombie doctor who would be, maybe getting trolled on nerdist, maybe not… Shit is gettin deep!

2. Too true, Zac! For example consider the following sentence: you make YOURself look like a tool when YOU’RE unable to keep YOURself from correcting people’s grammar.

3. Hylian Heartthrob says:

@zac, CRAP, and by CRAP, I mean, Considerable Regret and Apology Post-haste.

4. Zac says:

@HylianHeartthrob
    You may know many words, but apparently not when to use the right ones. For instance the difference between “your” and “you’re”.

5. Hylian Heartthrob says:

@Matt, while your at it, make @josh a slave.

6. Hylian Heartthrob says:

@Matt, well, I really think CUNT will open up career opportunities for me, and I am a rather intelligent person; I know many words.

7. tomthefanboy says:

This fall on Spike TV, Detroitia

The dream of armageddon is alive in Detroit.

8. Matt Grandis says:

@Hylian, 15 yrs old and interested in CUNT? That’s almost as shocking as your vocabulary. We don’t use this kind of language. It’s not “intern” — we call it slave.

9. bsg says:

“Really?”

Carrie wins the podcast

10. toonsmyth says:

i think i juts had a mild stroke.

11. nsmf says:

i will wait the day for the stop sign in Portland says CACAO.

12. Josh says:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Oh good Lord you all are crazy McDaisy. Finally caught up and laughing my ass off. Thanks everyone! Definitely a fitting end to a full day!

Totally feel like the super-nerdy friend trying to catch up to the cool guys, though. Like: Hey, hey, guys! Guys! umm, Can I be, uh, the Interplanetary Deputized Sheriff Scout Fireman Liaison for Human Resources Department of the Complaint Unit of Nerdist Trollery? You know, the IDSSFLHRD CUNT? Get it? Get it? “IDSSFLHRD???” Ha ha. Right, guys? Right?? Right though?? … *sigh* (turns, stuffs hands in pockets, kicks dust as he walks away … uh, down a long dirt road for some reason … anyway, sings in deepest voice possible) Nobooooody knows, the trouble I’ve seeeeen….

13. Mason Lester says:

all i have to say is, I LOVE YOU ALL!

14. Zac says:

First off, no, school bus don’t have seat belts. I believe the idea is that in that situation they’d actually do more harm than good. Instead, school buses have those giant padded seats that you’d bump against in an accident.

Second, jeez. So many comments about Katie. Just listen to her podcast “Save It For Air” and you won’t have to worry about whether she appears in the opener or not. (Click my name for the website, or look for it on iTunes).

15. gary says:

I loved this episode because it was like your old friends telling your new girlfriend about how you were when you were younger.

16. Josh says:

Holy crap what did I miss??? What? Did? I? Miss??? Must finish unpacking boxes so I can catch up!!! Not sure what this is about, but can I be Lt. CUNT???

17. Hylian Heartthrob says:

@Matt, As a 15-year-old in need of work, is it all right if I become the First Intern of Stacking Things of the Complaint Unit of Nerdist Trollery, or FIST CUNT?

18. Hylian Heartthrob says:

@Matt as a 15-year-old in need of work, is it all right if I become the First Intern of Stacking Things of the Complaint Unit of Nerdist Trollery, or FIST CUNT?

19. SlimCharles says:

Carrie Brownstein might easily be the coolest person ever.

20. JetpackBlues says:

Good call on Ming Tea, Wildride. I remembered Matthew Sweet was in it, but didn’t realize Susanna Hoffs was.

I got Under The Covers confused with Saturday Morning – Cartoons’ Greatest Hits. That featured Matthew Sweet singing the theme from Scooby-Doo, Juliana Hatfield and Tanya Donelly singing Josie & the Pussycats, etc.

Think I’ll pick up both.

21. Matt says:

I loved the talk about the funeral home stuff. Talk more about that. Another great podcast. There should be a name for positive comments to combat this ‘troll’ thing. Keep it up!

22. Matt says:

fuck…i love carrie.

23. Wildride says:

Ming Tea anyone?

24. Aticus says:

I wish I had more to say but the CUNT, ASS CUNT comments have made my day. Thank you nerds.

25. @JetpackBlues
    Welcome to Circus Mattsimus!

26. JetpackBlues says:

What in the name of Gropecunt Lane is going on in here?!? From Portlandia to 12th Century London in 2 hours. Holy acronyms, Grandis!

27. Patty Marvel says:

….AAAAAND I just had to explain my “Ass CUNT” nickname to Hubby. He’s amused since *I* came up with it.

28. Patty Marvel says:

@Chris – Or IN the cunt! That works as well.

29. annoyedlibraryworker says:

This podcast would have been better with a bird on it,

30. chris hardwick says:

This thread is amazing. I’ll start kicking complainers to the CUNT.

31. tzvi says:

Woah, I am so glad I am not the only one who has considered committing suicide by making it look like a murder somebody tried to make look like a suicide.

32. Matt Grandis says:

You know what, Patty? You ARE a fucking Ass CUNT.

33. Patty Marvel says:

@Matt Grandis – Can I join the CUNT brigade? I could be an assistant to the Complaint Unit of Nerdist Trollery, or an Ass CUNT!

34. Matt Grandis says:

I don’t listen to every podcast and I don’t read every comment thread (yeah, I know — that’s why I’m the Chief CUNT). You read something douchey here (or somewhere else, as long as it’s regarding nerd(ist) stuff), tweet it to @cuntoffice, and we’ll get the word out. Doc’s the Lieutenant CUNT, so you can be sure the CUNThammer is in good hands.

35. Patty Marvel says:

Just posted a complaint to the CUNTOffice’s Twitter account because I *HEART* you guys SO much! And now, to the podcast!

36. Jake says:

This comment thread…. Best thing ever

37. Matt Grandis says:

… should be tweeted directly to our head offices at http://www.twitter.com/cuntoffice. Seriously, someone’s trolling, I’ll tweet it :)

38. @Brandon
    Either what OMG said or you can direct all complaints to Chris’ Twitter account. That’s right! Any vitriolic, hateful, negative, ignorant thing you can fit into 140 characters should be tweeted directly to…What? Why are you making all of those weird hand gestures like you want me to shut up, Chris?

39. Jessica says:

I don’t know whats better this episode or the comment thread for this episode! I am thoroughly enjoying both.

40. Matt Grandis says:

@Brandon: Yes, but your complaint has to comply with certain formalities to be counted. First of all, you must include at least one word in ALL CAPS. Then you have to address Chris personally (using his last name only). Optionally, you should include a hyperbole about how, if the cause for your complaint is not immediately rectified, this will mark the end of the podcast. The Complaint Unit of Nerdist Trollery (CUNT) will get back to all formal complaints as soon as possible.

41. Actually I WAS joking and I can prove it with THIS document! *Pulls out non-Nerdistan birth certificate*. Shit! Wrong document! You weren’t supposed to see that.

42. Brandon says:

Is this where I submit my complaint about the no Katie?
    I think its here.
    Im gonna put in here.

43. Kass says:

This thumbnail had me so excited. Voice actors AND the PDXia duo? This week is magic. MAGIC. Glad you found it!

(Also, hugs and high fives to the absent Katie.)

44. Matt Grandis says:

Actually, I have it on good authority that Doctor Quemmento was NOT joking. Whose authority? Well, mine of course. If you elect me as president of Nerdistan I will repeal Doctor Quemmento’s comment on my first day in office.

45. *Mayor Quimby Voice*
    People of Nerdist: I’d like to publicly state that the comment I made at 10:04 AM was not actually intended as a complaint, but rather a compliment to Ms. Levine delivered ironically in the guise of a complaint for humorous purposes. Thank you.

46. Kevin says:

I agree. It’s all Katie’s fault. I mean, how dare she be so wonderful, right?

47. Heads the internet wins. Tails Chris loses. It’s a rigged game.

48. Chris Hardwick says:

I blame Katie for being upbeat and charming, thereby making people want to hear her in the opening.

49. Matt Grandis says:

Holy fuck, Doc. That’s exactly what I was gonna post. After all it’s the second time already without Katie banter. Boo, Hardwick, BOO!

50. A HA! YOU thought I was going to complain about this episode not being POSTED right away, but I was ACTUALLY going to complain about Katie not being in the INTRO! CHECK and mate, Hardwick.

By the way…Open Armisen. Genius.