Eric McCormack

Nerdist Podcast: Eric McCormack

Chris sits down with Eric McCormack on Broadway! Eric talks about his new play The Best Man, his knack for recognizing actors only from their obscure roles, and how watching cartoons has inspired him!

See Eric in The Best Man at the Schoenfeld Theatre in NYC now!

Comments

1. Amanda says:

As someone from Toronto, I would just like to thank Chris for pronouncing our city’s name as someone from here would: “Torono”, not ToronTOE. :)

2. Josh says:

You = You’re. Dammit! Another one! Should’ve stuck with the quidditch bit. Ah well.

3. Josh says:

Help us, Saskatchewan, you our only hope.

4. Josh says:

@Doc I think you’re right! But those particular bigfeet are cool — big time harry potter fans… that’s right, LOVE saskatchequidditch.

5. Saskatchewan has a claim to fame as the home of the mythical Saskatchequatch, though, right?

6. David says:

Hey. I live in Saskatchewan and….ok he’s got a point.

7. Rob S. says:

Murder She Wrote.” traveled some. In the end the show was used for backdoor pilots. Jessica would st at the table talking about her new book ideas. Bill Mahr was on one. I watched “Street Justice.” I remember him from Highlander.

8. Here’s a fun fact: Irwin Maurice Fletcher β€” “Fletch” of movie fame and the series of novels by Gregory Mcdonald β€” has a mother named “Jess,” as in “Jessica Fletcher,” who earns a living writing mystery novels! (No word in the books on how she affects local murder rates.) How’s that for cross-universe continuity? :-)

9. gary says:

Murder She Wrote crossed over with Magnum PI. Magnum PI had a few oblique crossovers with Hawaii Five O. Hawaii FIve O is in the same continuity as the new Hawaii Five O continuity. Hawaii Five O crossed over with NCIS LA. NCIS LA Crosses over with NCIS. NCIS shares the same airlines as the one used in LOST, therefore in the same continuity.

My theory: Jessica Fletcher is part of the Dharma Initiative.

10. KT says:

This was a good one.

My only complaint is that one didn’t ask how awesome it was to work with Megan Mullally. I love her a lot. She was the best part of Will & Grace. She’s actually the best part of most everything she’s been in.

11. Alain Williams says:

I think it was Key and Peele who mentioned the Will & Grace writers.

12. Brad says:

Sigh. The site kept telling me my comment posting failed and now I look like a douche.

13. Christopher C. says:

Thankyou Big C! It is so refreshing to know that an american knows the crappiness that is Mayor Ford!

14. Wildride says:

Someone should, if they haven’t already, do an infographic, or something comparing the number of murders in various fictional cities. etc such as Cabot Cove and Sunnydale. At some point you do need to start wondering what’s going on and thinking about relocating when the murder rate per capita is that high.

15. Brad says:

Enjoyed it but the whole time I was waiting for you to bring up ‘Free Enterprise’.

16. Brad says:

The whole time I was waiting for you to bring up ‘Free Enterprise’.

17. Brad says:

The whole time I was waiting for you to bring up “Free Enterprise”.

18. Rodrigo says:

Wouldn’t an episode with a Kumail Nanjiani, Gil from the mutant season, Todd Glass or Pete Holmes joining Chris/Matt/Jonah technically be a hostfull?
    It would at least be really a ultramegafunnydelicous treat.

Keep your burrito Krispy!

19. Patty Marvel says:

Okay, now I should look up some old Will and Grace episodes (I’ve only seen a few) since Eric McCormack is clearly a funny guy (LOVED the Daffy Duck impression!). @Chris – I noticed the show was just under an hour long – did he only have an hour to spend with you or was there an edit point somewhere in the conversation (sounded like there might have been one during the directing portion)? Interviewees need to give you a full CD’s length of chat time, dagnabbit! /jk

20. Brian says:

Nooooooooo, I NEED MORE HOSTFUL IN MY LIFE. I have listened to all of them, FEED MY NEED CHRIS.

21. Ian says:

Didn’t Chris say in the last hostful he had to go on the road for a bit and no hostfuls for a while?

22. rhzunam says:

I second the motion for a hostful.

23. Brian says:

For the love of God. Please post a hostful, Chris.

24. Filthy says:

Rob Ford is Toronto’s right wing mayor
    The Large double double is our national drink
    we have lots of interesting history they just don’t teach it.