Nerdist Podcast: Christopher Lloyd
Christopher Lloyd

Nerdist Podcast: Christopher Lloyd

The legendary Christopher Lloyd is on the Nerdist Podcast! He talks about his early roles in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest and Taxi, fan reaction, meeting Orson Welles, his love of the theater and different roles he’s played, and, of course, Back to the Future! Plus stories about Huey Lewis, Andy Kaufman, and lots more….

Check out Christopher Lloyd as the voice of The Hacker on PBS’ Cyberchase!

1. MegZilla says:

I wanted to listen to this so bad! I made it half way and couldn’t deal with whatever that noise was with the microphone. It might have caused my brain to explode if I listened any longer.

2. RC says:

They haven’t mentioned Toonstruck?!? How could they! Also, horrible audio this time. Every other episode sounds perfect, crystal clear, but when Christopher Lloyd stops by, it’s… :(

Ah well…

I guess it’s time to play the telltale back to the future game!

3. funnyfaceking says:

Was Darth Vader in the room?

4. Ryan says:

Did he have a cold or has age just gotten the better of his voice?

5. Todd M. Roy says:

I saw Christopher Lloyd in “Death of a Salesman”. at the Weston
    Playhouse in Weston Vermont a few years ago. He was awesome.
    His older brother Sam Lloyd, Sr. is a long time resident player at
    the playhouse and his newphew, Sam Lloyd, Jr. is in the T.V.
    show “Scrubs” and got his acting start there.

6. Michelle says:

great interview! not enough time to cover everything in this mans career. could have gone on for hours more! Thanks!

and doesnt the pic give a “willy loman/Abe Vigoda” vibe?

7. Alwin says:

Liked what I could hear…

This isn’t the first noisy mic episode, nor will it be the last… unless you setup these mics or get different ones so that nothing can move them but sound waves.

8. Seth N says:

Why does it sound like he’s got a cold? I mean I love listening to the podcast and I swear it’s just like he’s got a hell of a cold.

9. Kristopher R says:

I was really hoping for some talk about “Clue.” But alas, maybe next time.

10. David says:

(stupid keyboard)

11. David says:

Great Scott – was this episode recorded inside a plystyrene cup!?!?
    Ah just kidding – thanks for the free podcast.
    He sounds like a really humble down to earth guy, which is surprising when you look at who he’s worked alongside.
    I sincerely think he’s a great actor, BUT I am inclined to think he was chosen for the part of the klingon cos he kind of looks like a klingon anyway.
    He should play a Bond villain now. No comedy – just weird menace.

12. AndyC. says:

Good interview plagued by audio issues made me want to tear my hair out.

Sounds like somebody swallowed their mic.

13. OMG says:

Was there a coffee maker in the microphone?

14. Bideoman says:

I like it!!!

15. Bideoman says:

Awesome interview! Always great disucussions. Also thanks for the entertainment, which is FREE and HIGH QUALITY!

16. GuanoLad says:

Great Scott! He actually said “space time continuum!”

Fantastic podcast!

17. Pete says:

1. Every time Christopher Lloyd says “FUCK!” an angel gets its wings. If he had a role where it was the only word he said, it’d be an oscar role.
    2. Some of you guys need to listen to 1960s concert bootlegs for a while to appreciate how crystalline these recordings are.
    3. There could be elephants fornicating on broken glass and this would still be awesome to listen to.

18. Nick says:

There was a lack of any talk about the seminal masterpiece Camp Nowhere. I mean wtf guys!

Seriously though, could you dickbags above me stop complaining about free content? Not everything is perfect, just accept it and move on.

19. chris hardwick says:

Hey dissatisfied folks! No one was rubbing the mics. It happened because he was fidgeting with the table (which was a shitty plastic fold-out thing), which was the only table we could get for our temporary setup while I was shooting @midnight. When I go back to work in Jan we’re going to build a more permanent and stable solution so this doesn’t happen again. We are always doing our best, so please don’t be too mad at us! Believe me when I tell you that it bums me out more than it bums you out. Apologies!

20. Great interview. Christopher seems like an onion; smelly and many layers of natural flavor .

SIDE NOTE: Please invest in lav mics!!
    The constant thumbing with the mics is extremely distracting. Yes, I know this is free, but it’s number 447. Free doesn’t have to mean shitty.

21. tom says:

The past two intros sounds like you have the Chicken Lady hanging out in the background. Or maybe a pet bird? Either way I find myself pecking at my lunch. Great pod as usual! THanks!!

22. Tim H says:

“Futurehero on December 5, 2013 at 1:28 am said:
    This was a very interesting interview, but between the mumbling, microphone rubbing, and him trailing off, it was very hard to listen to.”

I agree!! Holy Crap that microphone was annoying.

23. smack says:

i cant be the only one who doesnt listen to old guy episodes because of the heinous amounts throaty lippy spitty noises going on.

24. Liz says:

If I was in the presence of Christopher Lloyd I definitely wouldn’t correct him on microphone noise. 😉

25. Nichole says:

Just got the mental image of Chris Lloyd surfing lol.

Also – yea – a lot of mic noise.

26. Esdeem says:

You sometimes forget all the amazing stuff he’s done… I remember my young brain snapping when I realized the evil Klingon responsible for the death of Kirk’s son was Doc Brown. He somehow pulls the amazing trick of both being instantly recognizable yet get into the character so well it isn’t distracting. He really would be amazing in a cable show of some kind.

And if I were Jonah and I had a joke get a response from Lloyd like the “E.T. firing” bit got, I think I might be able to die happy on that alone. Probably one of my favorite moments from any of the podcasts.

27. Jules Smith says:

Great interview, but marred by the almost constant microphone noise. Someone should keep an ear on the monitor during taping.

28. Futurehero says:

29. linda v says:

The constant fiddling with the mic makes this torture on headphones.
    Amazing episode, anyway

30. Atticus says:

This is the greatest gift I have received in at least 10 years. I have seen BTTF so many times I can tell you the exact scene just by audio cues. Of course I am a fan of a lot of his other works but I will always know him as Doc Brown. Thank you! Burrito enjoyed.

31. ThanksForNotMakingMeRegisterToPost says:

yay, christopher lloyd!! this is one of the guests i’ve always hoped for but never thought would actually happen! thanks guys! very enjoyable episode!

a bit disappointed though that nobody mentioned the 1996 adventure game “Toonstruck” in which mr. lloyd played the lead.
    now that would have been nerdy! 😉

PS: now seems like a good time to renew the chant: “DeVito! DeVito!” would love to hear him on the podcast. (also Alan Alda please!) :-)

32. JetpackBlues says:

We’ve had our chance! Your Overthruster’s for shit! We’re lost!
    One more word out of you, Bigbooty…

Also, hilariousness is seeing you’ve typed “@Dick: SHIT!”

33. Matt says:

Love It! Hit another one out of the park! Keep it up!

34. chris hardwick says:

@Dick: SHIT! I totally forgot that!!! Good call man.

35. HempKnight757 says:

36. Three Toes of Fury says:

i rate this episode 1.21 Geekawatts!

Peace .n. a polaroid pic of Chris, Matt, and Jonah whith them slightly fading from existence….that is, of course, until someone fly’s back in time in a Delorian and makes sure Jonah eats that daily burrito and Matt is rescued from captivity at the Genius Bar prison and Chris fails in creating a 24hr ‘Singled Out’ cable channel which prevents him from ever forming Nerdist….

37. Admiral Kent says:

Big Boote…Boote!

38. Erin says:

That was amazing and i loved every bit of it! Great Scott!

39. ArchieLeach says:

Klingon Bastard

40. Dick says:

Can’t believe you didn’t mention the other actor in the ep of Taxi where Jim is in college when that came up – it was Tom Hanks!

41. Thunderbird says:

42. james says:

Thank you Chris!!! Had the chace to meet the man in Montreal, he was so nice.

looking forward to listening to it.