Nerdist Podcast: B.J. Novak
B.J. Novak

Nerdist Podcast: B.J. Novak

B.J. Novak hangs about with the guys to reminisce about their days of doing open mics together, one-liner jokes, his time at the Harvard Lampoon, New York vs. L.A. comedy, and what inspired him to write a book of short stories!

Get B.J.’s book One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories!

Comments

1. Kyle says:

This podcast was really informative and a good reminder of stuff to be aware of when doing stand-up. I’ve been doing stand-up for about 5 months now and I have to keep myself in check because most of the people I’m performing for at open mics are the comics themselves. Whenever there is an actual crowd, it’s a completely different vibe and I get actually nervous because they aren’t my comic peers who I know will get my jokes.

2. Cara says:

This may make my top five favorite Nerdist conversations.

3. todd says:

MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE!MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE! MORE KYLE!

4. @BrainyGoat says:

Another nice convo, but how could you have missed talking about B.J.’s upcoming role in Amazing Spider-Man 2!?!

5. Tyler says:

GTA V Preorder – 1 year
    Duke Nukem Forever Preorder – 10 years!

6. Nikki says:

with every podcast, y’all make me want to come out to LA.

…but then I remember I’d never be able to afford it!

7. Jacob says:

OMG!!!!! Does anyone know how to search for that coffee supercut they were talking about where the husband berates his wife about coffee?

8. froyo11 says:

BJ has a very interesting way of speaking.

9. What Happened To The Quemments says:

I’m not sure you have the right idea about how listeners feel towards the really long podcasts. They’re not annoying, they’re actually really nice – but in moderation. It’s cool and also very opening to see your conversations develop over such a long period rather than cutting it off at an hour.

Obviously just an opinion, but I think it’s a general one.

10. jesse says:

I want to hear a 3 hour live podcast. Knowing that Jonah and Matt drunkenly try to wreck it makes it even more of a white whale…. I want it!

11. Weebee says:

You probably save a fuckton of money on tampons now that your butt period is over…

12. purpleslog says:

LOL: “It was rather groundbreaking in reality television”.

You know, there was a world before the year 2000,

13. nathaniel says:

i want the 3 hour live podcasts !!!!!

14. tomK says:

Awesome episode. I totally forgot that B.J. was on Punk’d! I wish you guys had lingered around Punk’d longer.

I would have loved to hear inner workings of that show, it was rather groundbreaking in reality television, pranking some of the most popular people from 2003-05.

15. sean says:

Happy 4 year anniversary. Neat that sherry’s Berries is your sponsor as Fruit and Flowers is the Traditional gift for a 4th year anniversary.

Keep up the great work.