Nerdist Podcast: Alfred Molina
Alfred Molina

Nerdist Podcast: Alfred Molina

The wonderful and talented Alfred Molina sits down with Chris to talk about how he interprets the success of his career, playing the bad guy in so many movies, hanging out in Doctor Octopus gear while on set of Spider-man 2, and his new show, Matador!

Photo Credit: El Rey Network

1. Delightful!  I hope you have him on again.

2. Andsheewas says:

The area of the US where they claim the accent is most similar to 1600s English is the Tidewater area of Virginia, according to my linguistics class.
    Also, the first time I noticed the “Roman British” connection was The Last Temptation of Christ. The Jews all have New York accents and the Romans all have British accents.
    <insert picture of the “It’s a Fact” girl here>

3. cyd says:

*boggled*Alfred Molina is British?!?!*boggled*

4. Megan says:

I have to say that I was very upset/angry at the rape jokes both Chris and Alfred Molina made during the ‘American Pie’ bit in the podcast. Rape is something that shouldn’t be joked about and this only contributes to the rape culture that we have in this country. I had thought that Chris wouldn’t make jokes like those, but the fact that he did only made me lose respect for him. Am I still going to follow the podcast? yes, but next time he comes to my town I most likely won’t buy tickets to see him.

5. Andy says:

Chris, of course it has to be called the Hollywood “Walk of Shame.”

6. Aaron says:

Chris, when are the guests going to be announced for the SDCC Nerdist Podcast? I have friends coming into town (I live here in SD), and I went down to the box office the morning tickets went on sale months ago to get us some front row action. Now I got anxious, excitable friends hounding me for answers I cannot provide.

Help me, Chris. You’re my only hope…

7. Ross says:

A fun conversation with a truly charming gentleman, very reminiscent of the easy tone of his appearances on his pal Ferguson’s show. I was kind of hoping for a bit of discussion about their mutual friend. I also wish he’d brought up one of Mr Molina’s best comedic performances–as a villain, no less–in “The Man Who Knew Too Little”. Only a small disappointment, however.Speaking of Ferguson, when, Herr Hardwick, are you going to make your farewell appearance(s) on “The Late, Late Show”? You only have until Christmas, you know…

8. FR says:

Hardwick, I am forced to deduct 1 point from your nerd cred for not asking about his involvement in the extended edition of World War Z audio book.

9. Hollowtear says:

Chris Hardwick, I just want to say that you have the best job ever. Been kind of following your career since Singled Out and I admired how far you have come. I wish i had your passion and motivation. Thank you for all that you do. :-)

10. I loved that grits story!

11. English Dave says:

I love Alfred. But…

Was he really suggesting that Raiders would have been better with digital snakes? Did he really say that…? Because that would be wrong.

12. Katie says:

I recently found out the British invented the word “soccer.” It’s not America’s fault, man.

13. Susan says:

Love Alfred Molina, he is such a chameleon!  Hoping for my dream casting of him as Doran Martell in Game of Thrones this year…..  Yes, I’m from the “throw me the idol, I’ll throw you the whip” crowd… 😉

14. Matty says:

Great interview, though would have loved a mention of his brilliant scene in Boogie Nights. Jessie’s Girl has never been the same for me since.

• Meghan says:

i was just going to mention that! It’s probably my favorite scene in that movie full of awesome.

• ColinJ says:

If Judy Dench can win an Oscar for a single scene in SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE then Molina should have won for BOOGIE NIGHTS.
      “She should be with ME!”

15. BadBowler says:

When he says ambiguous, he means ambivalent. And when he says ambivalent, he means ambiguous.