Aisha Tyler Returns

Nerdist Podcast: Aisha Tyler Returns

The wonderful and hilarious Aisha Tyler returns to the show to talk and play video games with Chris and admit just how big a nerd she was as a kid!

Listen to Aisha’s podcast Girl on Guy!

Click on the banner to shop at Amazon.com and support the show!

Comments

1. Matt Grandis says:

No, I’m just a regular shit sandwich.

2. Matt I think you and I need to have a little chat about the birds and the bees. You see, when an idea and a language love each other very much they get married and a stork flies through the little window of their cottage in the woods and brings them a bouncing baby simile. Thus Chloe is, in and of herself, like a sandwich made with kickass and bitchplease on fuckyeah bread with the crusts cut off. A Chloegie, if you will.

Chris, in this hypothetical, is his own very awesome sandwich.

And you Matt, are not a sandwich at all, but rather a Hamburger. That is all.

3. toonsmyth says:

I agree Aisha is a comedy GODDESS! I sent her a couple of MySpace avatar animations a long time ago… You know… Back when people still USED MySpace. I’ll have to see if I can dig them up and post an animated gif on here.

Thanks for another amazing episode!

4. Vox Populi says:

@Doctor Quemmento
    Why thank you, good sir. Monocle smile!

5. Matt Grandis says:

Why would you want to cut the crust off Chloe, Doc? Also, it’s not very nice to call Chris that.

6. Vox Populi says:

Seriously, why do people hate on the intros? Why is anyone hating on the podcast at all anyway?! Maybe because I grew up poor, I’ve learned to appreciate the crap I get, especially if it’s FREE. Besides, Chloe’s adorable. Don’t like her? Punch yourself in the dick.

7. Laser Liz says:

Not sure if work computer suddenly hates the Nerdist site, or if the Nerdist site suddenly hates me.
    ( It won’t play D: )

8. @Doctor Quemmento

I dont think the crusts should be cut off of a kickass and bitchplease sandwich on fuckyeah bread. just saying.

but Chris and Chloe have got a goofy kind of love and altho I got several cavities listening to that short intro I say we keep her! can we keep her Chris? can we? can weeeeee??

9. mikep says:

Schmoopy intro!

10. Vincent S says:

Omg, I really want more Chloe-intro’s. XD the ones she’s been on were awesome. BUT please don’t start forcing her to do it. It has to be somehow natural.

XD laughed out loud for any innuendo jokes while I was walking in the streets. Prolly one of the most awesome human beings for me. Aisha Tyle is too awesome for wor-afdgsfdfadffafadf *drool*.

11. Finn says:

FYI Michael Fassbenders accent is Irish…because he’s Irish.

12. J. says:

A wild Chloe appears! I giggled with delight to hear the two of you goofing around in the intro. It’s so great to be in a relationship that has silly playtime! It’s so great to also know you have that in your life!

13. Tobart says:

OK, first i thought it was a very short delight – we are definitely spoilt, I know BUT I had to check the playback speed of the podcast more than once! Aisha is an amazingly fast talker, so if one streches it out to normal earthling speed, it might be some 90 minutes …

14. Jake says:

@M3rk Nate, just fyi it was John Barrowman who corrected Chris’s mispronunciation of semi. Man that was a great live episode. Thought you would want to know.

15. Baetylus says:

Aisha this is the first interview I’ve heard with you. Mind blown. The Lord of the Flies reference cinched the deal. Who slips in a reference like that? A really well read girl with a quick mind and a fast talker. How did you avoid being a Goth after having a passion for pathology books?

I will be looking for more of your interviews.

ps. next time we need the story of how you ended up swallowing your d-10.

thanks!

16. JetpackBlues says:

Love, love, love the Gigantress that is Aisha. Big fan of her Girl on Guy podcast and saw her live back in the spring. She’s taller than me IN FLATS.

Gave up on console gaming after the Sega Saturn. Tried Playstation/Xbox but can’t work the goddamn controllers. I was like Tommy with an Intellivision controller! Except Tommy played pinball, and I’m not blind (not for lack of trying).

But in my heart of hearts, I’m still an upright arcade guy — Defender, Tempest, Spy Hunter, Donkey Kong, DK Jr., Asteroids, Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator, Xenophobia, Ikari Warriors, Marble Madness, Star Wars Arcade (the vector one), and my personal favorite that’s currently in my basement: http://goo.gl/iK1Bj

Yea, I know, you can play it on the Xbox Live Arcade. Bully for you.

17. I loved this podcast. Aisha is a delight and so wonderful on everything she does. This was a real walk down memory lane. I forgot how much I loved and played video games. So I killed Diablo today. Yeah, I play mages because death ain’t no big deal! I am such a MAGE TANK! Oh and that was on Nightmare…on to hell.

Life is about balance and sometimes you just have to have some fun by kicking the asses of some virtual creatures. Thanks for the reminder!!

(Hotel Hell is on!!)

-Diane.

18. Pedak says:

Fake Chris Hardwick is totally a Teselecta.

19. M3rc Nate says:

I dont want to be THAT guy….but……. :D jk

I am at minute 33 so far on the podcast and am loving it. I have always known Aisha to be a LEGIT gamer in every sense. I watched the Ubisoft event live and i dont think just because a lot of people come out against a performance doesnt automatically make it “Well the internet is just a hateful place, fully of unpleasing jerks who hate everything”. I legitimately think Aisha did FANTASTIC, she made me laugh and did everything right, however that guy that cohosted was horrible. It was incredibly awkward for me to watch, and just everything about it was bad. He wasn’t HORRIBLE like Mr. Caffeine but it was bad. (And unlike Caffeine i am guessing it wasnt this guys fault, the “bit” that im sure he didnt write, was bad from the get-go).

Im guessing if Matt or Jonah (i forget which it was) they would correct you again about “Its not Semi like the truck, its Semi like Semmy”. lol.

As for the Chloe debate that seems to be active on this post, my opinion that no one asked for: Shes awesome. I think you have her on things cause you think that too, probably why your dating her as well lol. Shes legit nerdy, a goofball it seems, and someone you love and want to be around..so im sure thats why shes always around him (or him around her) hence he includes her because hes nerdy inclusive, not nerdy exclusive.
    Is it weird to think about shes a month older than me and your 18 years older than me and your dating? Ya..but a pretty cool type of weird, weird like the 10th Doctor marrying his daughter who is the Actor who played the Fifth’s doctor’s real daughter. :D I enjoy the thought that you connected (i assume) on your equal love and passion of the same nerdy things. Doctor Who, gaming, cosplay, etc etc etc. Perfect nerd couple.
    And to all the haters wanting him to shut her out and keep her to a minimum, i’d rather him be as open as possible with his life and us respect that and enjoy feeling like a friend of his, than him shutdown and keep things private. I’d rather hear about Chloe every other podcast than hear about Janet once every 100 podcasts.

20. Michael says:

I would like to say, with all this complaining about the intros, what I have wanted for the longest time is for the Nerdist staff to be guests on the podcasts. Obviously we’ve had Katie make an appearance on one of the hostfuls, but an integrated conversation for the full hour would be fun as well. At the same time, I realise that people are busy and I am generally asking way too much of other people’s time. Hell, I have to remind myself not to get so impatient when I’ve already listened to the latest Nerdist podcast and have to wait a couple of days for the next one.
    In short, keep up the good work and do whatever interests you.

21. I’m gonna have to come in on team Chloe on this one. Chloe is awesome. AND great. She’s like a sandwich made with kickass and bitchplease on fuckyeah bread with the crusts cut off.

22. Nicole says:

Does Chloe have to keep popping up? She has her own podcast now, isn’t that enough?

23. Hans says:

Hmmm… I generally don’t go for women

…but Aisha could change that.

She is A-OK, in a big way.

24. Taylor M says:

@Chris: My apologies. Should have looked at the picture and realized it was a poser. I just assumed it was you messing around and that I had a reason to throw in a Community reference. I, personally, love it when you include people in the intros.

25. SpaceySpaceman says:

Aisha Tyler is my homegirl. Also, @Chris, I know you’ve said before that you’ll keep making these until they get boring but I’m just wondering if theres any plan for others to take over this podcast in the future when you retire or whatever Nerdists such as yourself do.

26. Wildride says:

The troll comes from the left, or sinister, nut.

27. J-Rod says:

Just as a follow up to what Chris was saying about London/Britain.
    A few weeks ago one of our Olympic hopefuls 18y.o. diver Tom Daley has a poor competition after a tough year in which his dad died of cancer.
    Some knob troll twittered that “He had let his dad down.”
    The police tracked down and arrested a 17y.o. in Weymouth on malicious communications.

FullStory -> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19059127

I’m guessing people fall into two camps with stories like this (freedom of speech / anonymous abuse etc.)

28. Bwandon says:

Okay more Chloe. Seriously. Also Katie. Either both at once in the intro or you can alternate.

These are demands!!

29. ElBigote says:

YEEESSSS!!! I LOVE Aisha Tyler. Excellent job Big C. Keep up the , good work, and screw the haters.

30. Curtis says:

@Patty Marvel – I think that Was Naked Gun 2 1/2. So technically Police Squad?

31. Patty Marvel says:

@Chris Hardwick – My favorite “Police Squad!” intro showed Zsa Zsa Gabor walking up to a police siren and slapping it. #80sReferencesNoOneElseWillGet

32. Patty Marvel says:

@ScottotD – Sign up for a Word Press account. That’s how I got mine.

33. @Tom: that is a fantastic idea. Kind of like the opening credits to Police Squad!

34. Tom Steele says:

I think it would be extremely hilarious if Chris did an intro with some huge celebrity, and they only had one line, and just went on to the episode. But, that’s just me. I’m sure most of the web would find some reason to complain.

35. Charles says:

HEY CHRIS GREAT JOB ON CREATING A GOD DAMN GEM OF PODCAST THAT WE ALL LISTEN TO FOR FREE EVERY WEEK. AND BTW WHO LISTENS TO A GUY WHO TYPES IN ALL CAPS ANYWAYS !?!?!1?! (obligatory non-proof reading) ALSO THAT DUDE IS JUST JEALOUS HE DOESN’T HAVE PODCAST TO RECORD INTROS FOR WITH LADY PEOPLE WHOM MIGHT BE ADJACENT!

The force in this comment thread needed counter balancing…

36. @ScottotD says:

How do I get a personalized picture over there?
    <–

Chris I would be *stunned* if anyone thought Mr. Caps Lock Braggy Pants who posted above was you.

Also, great ep, Please have Colt Cabana on soonish though? k?

37. Jake says:

Chris, dude, NO ONE thought that was actually you. You know that amazing force of will you use to not drink? Yeah, take that and apply it to your addiction to troll warfare.

38. my_leisure says:

Aisha Tyler for Wonder Woman! Can’t wait to listen to this podcast.

39. amysrevenge says:

Short and sweet. I’ll buy that for a dollar*.

*I will not be giving anyone a dollar.

40. King Raoh says:

Too bad that wasn’t Hardwick,@ Fake Chris Hardwick.I was starting to think you lost your mind.(in a funny way)

41. Curtis says:

Aisha Tyler is great. I’ve always associated her with being a gamer as long as I’ve known of her.

Also, I giggled too much at the “Eat Mop Who?” joke as well as Booger Bane.

Chris – You didn’t need to alter the username, we all know that you don’t type in all caps.

42. @Taylor: that was definitely not me. I have altered the post’s username accordingly. You’ll notice my posts have my face attached to them. But, if we’re questioning why I involve other people in the intros, it’s simply that when there are other people in the room when I’m doing them, I can’t help it. I have an uncontrollable compulsion to react to my immediate environment. That’s why Katie’s on some of them as well.

43. Patty Marvel says:

Have loved Aisha since her “Talk Soup” days! So looking forward to the podcast…

44. Taylor M. says:

Nice explanabrag, Chris.

45. Fake Chris Hardwick says:

HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME I’M CHRIS HARDWICK AND I’M DATING CHLOE DYKSTRA. I’M GOING TO REMIND YOU OF THIS FACT BY TACTICALLY PLACING HER IN THE INTRO OF RANDOM PODCASTS FOR NO REASON OTHER THAN TO BRAG THAT I’M DATING CHLOE DYKSTRA. ALSO, WE WERE NAKED WHEN THE INTRO WAS RECORDED BECAUSE WE HAD JUST FINISHED HAVING SEX.

46. Aticus says:

*insert comment about show falling an hour short*
    45 minutes?!? Wop wop. You’re a bunch of suck bags, etc.

Seriously-
    Another great episode. Aisha seems very chill. I’ve listned to her girl on guy podcast. Loved one of her first episodes with H. Jon Benjamin.

47. Michelle says:

No, not just you. But is it just me or did anyone else picture Lana Kane in their heads when she was talking?

48. Alienrex says:

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Aisha Tyler is the perfect woman? Funny, smart, beautiful… *sigh*

49. Michelle says:

Chloe D. is adorabs , that is all!