FINISH BOOK

Nerdist Podcast #90: FINISH BOOK

Chris validates and rejects entries on his Wikipedia page, Jonah is doing his best with vodka & water, and Matt looks like Eugene Levy’s sister’s kid.

Comments

1. Melissa says:

Hey, I’m late to the party. Just now catching up on the podcast. Someone sent in a quement about hearing Matt Mira doing a commercial for a weight loss pill. There is a dj here in Austin that sounds just like him. It’s been driving me nuts cuz I knew he sounded familiar. Love the show.

2. While I agree the Iron Man suit was the right choice for overall zombie survival, I think you write off the Portal gun too quickly. Here is my thought. The problem with any sort of continuing zombie trap is that eventually it would get destroyed, or whatever containment you’ve arranged for the zombies to fall into like a pit in the ground will overflow with the countless undead. But if you create a portal underneath something attention-getting like a speaker, and put the other side of the portal someplace hundreds of feet or more in the air, your compound will never be breached. Any zombies coming to investigate your place will shamble towards the speaker and find themselves somewhere far away falling a great distance before getting pulverized.

Also, Phenomenon II is too real. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0313116

3. smartbunny says:

I really hope the book explains how one man is able to: host a TV show, write a book, go on live dates, do a podcast, startup ANOTHER TV show, do a voice in a cartoon and do videos for Cadillac and Capital One. Just typing all of that makes me need a nap. OH! AND find time to spend with his adorable dog and beautiful girlfriend. I mean, how IS THIS POSSIBLE?

zzzzzzzzz…

4. acm says:

your format seems to be broken in Firefox — the sidebar lies on top of the radio stream link (I can’t even sneak in a click to pause it), and the Nerdest Way link is on top of the “get tickets” links. a little frustrating to a new fan!

5. smartbunny says:

I don’t think Jonah looks like Colin Meloy at all.

6. Gregg says:

28 Days Later is about terrorism, not zombies.
    Think about it…
    [West brings Jim to the infected soldier Mailer, kept chained in the yard.]
    West: Got infected two days ago. Mitchell managed to knock him out cold, and we got a chain around his neck.
    Jim: You’re keeping him alive?
    West: The idea was to learn more about infection. Have him teach me.
    Jim: And… has he?
    West: In a way. [he kneels near Mailer, inducing a fit of groaning and thrashing] He’s telling me he’ll never bake bread, plant crops, raise livestock. He’s telling me he’s futureless. And eventually, he’ll tell me how long the infected take to starve to death.

7. John says:

I woke up this morning singing “Elvira” by the Oak Ridge Boys. But I replaced “Elvira” with “Matt Mira.” No idea why. I had downloaded the podcast the night before, but hadn’t listened to it yet. It was disturbing to sing “My heart’s on fire for Matt Mira.” Seriously disturbing. Go ahead and recreate this with your kick-ass harmonies….it will be epic.
    P.S.~Thor was awesome…I’ve seen it twice.

8. Joe says:

For the fans of one of the great philosophical geniuses of the twentieth century check out Gabe Kaplan as Groucho. As I recall it was written by his son Arthur Marx.

9. Jay Ton says:

Hey Jonah, thanks for plugging MAN MAN! They are fucking excellent. I have not listened to the newest album yet, but I will on your recommendation. Your reference to them almost makes up for Matt’s constant references to DMB.

10. Zach Coty says:

Holy shit that was the best ending you guys have ever done. Great episode. Really looking forward to the book Big C!

11. Eli Sweet says:

I have a quement (qwement?) for Jonah. Are you familiar with the song by Jonathan Couton, ‘Re: Your Brains?’ Knowing his penchant for zombies and hip(ster) music, I imagine so, but if not, it can be found here: http://www.jonathancoulton.com/primer/listen/.

Thoughts on this or other zombie tunes? Maybe you could give us a top three zombie songs?

12. Rick says:

Liked the nostalgia thread towards the end of this podcast. Speaking of nostalgia in music, there is a a genre that some people are calling “Slow Wave” or something. It’s very ‘nostalgic’ sounding to me… warbly samples of 80s tv/music, saxophones… Some artists– Twin Shadow, Washed Out, Destroyer’s new album, Blood Orange. Anyhoo—check it out!

13. The answer to the riddle, “I have two coins in my pocket that add up to 35 cents and one of them is not a dime. What are they?”

…is…

“A quarter and a dime.”

Because one of the coins (the quarter) is not a dime.

Keep up the good work, guys.

14. dangerousmikej says:

what? no review of the neil gaimen episode of doctor who? what sort of nerds are you? lol. oh and 28 months later is still in development and is not due till 2013.

15. Christopher says:

That was the best song I’ve ever heard. Bar none. To qualify, I’ve only ever heard two songs but still. Awesome.

16. Devin Thebeau (tbow is how it is purnounced) says:

Hey guys!!!!!!
    I just got a very unexpected present for getting my permit, and order from that I am getting my Nerdist shirt!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited and as a nerd in high school your podcast is the help I need so that I don’t random nerdgasmis in class. I hope this is not creepy, but #iloveyourpodcast!!!!!!! And wish you would come to my high school!!! Maybe my wish will be granted.

Your nerd fan who can now drive,
    Devin
    P.S. I’m 15 and I am don’t know where to start because I want to be a comedian and I have no idea where to start. So a little help would be awesome thanks.

P.P.S. I love Doctor Who!!!!

17. Domtamian says:

Sometimes I can’t believe you guys arn’t gay, AND that’s a good thing!

18. Ray says:

As a former student of the Jesuit education system what was your personal record for consecutive JUGs? Mine 26 straight days.

19. Blergh says:

You are not a monster Matt Mira.

20. Shanghai Six says:

I want to thank “Big C” and the boys for plugging Front Towards Gamer’s video game charity, Operation Supply Drop. I build video game care packages for troops deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, and having done two years deployed overseas myself, I know the value of a good care package! Thanks again!

21. Nandorocker says:

Dude, are you kidding? You all sound SO much alike. Matt is the only one I can ever differentiate easily.

22. Ryan says:

Not related thing, Just saw an interview on Craig Ferguson with Ellen Page, and… um…. GET ELLEN PAGE ON. She would work *PERFECTLY* with you guys.

23. Taylor Anne says:

So I know Jonah is a huge zombie genre fan and I was wondering if you have heard of/read the book Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. My friend has been raving about it non stop for days now and even though I’m not big on zombies I’m actually considering reading it and wanted your opinion. 😀

24. anncoultersadamsapple says:

Stark had his Iron Man suit in Marvel Zombies. Things didn’t go great for him. Jonah should really check out Marvel Zombies. It’s a funny series.

25. Leah says:

I just paused the podcast to check out the Fright Night trailer. BAD ASS! I love the original but this looks like it’s going to be a seriously fun movie. Thanks for the heads up Jonah!

26. joeanon says:

no sir you did not dream it us 28 months later. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1322885/

27. tedder says:

ZOMG, it’s nice to have Chris go through his Wikipedia page! Seriously, it takes a mild amount of stalking to get the information correct on there, it’s easier when he talks about it.

(I’ve been at a couple web soup tapings- I’m the guy that grabbed the SLR from Chris when the cute old ladies were there)

28. Alexis says:

Is there an official address to send fan mail/tokens of appreciation/nerdom?

29. AdmiralKent says:

Yeah…felt the same way about Thor, Chris. I kept hearing the Queen Flash Gordon theme in my head during the Asgard scenes.

30. brywhit says:

Thor haters!

31. Ryan says:

Oh my, I almost forgot.

Click here
    > http://www.youtube.com/v/a8Dshk1XfDc&autoplay=1 <
    to win.

32. Ryan says:

Me and my friends are having a Apocalypse party. It’s Heaven themed. We all thought that a Hell themed one seamed to dark.

(btw; I’m *Totally* posting this on twitter tomorrow. I’m so proud of myself.)

33. mattg says:

Greatttt show Big C

34. Tom says:

Norman Oklahoma thanks you for the James Garner shout out.

I’m glad I live in his hometown instead of Mel’s.

35. Germ says:

Nerdist/Nudist…ohhhh

36. MichaelH says:

Woohoo! KT Tunstall shout out! Nice to see a fellow Scot known on both sides of the pond :)

37. That was the best quemment song yet! Bravo!

38. Kyle says:

Someone is obsessed with keeping Big C on Chris’s wikipedia page.

39. Johann W says:

“Rave to the grave”

Rave, rave, rave, murder

(call back !)

40. Ben Clarkson says:

I’m right with you on Thor.

Vincent D’Onofrio is the best god of thunder.

41. Gabe says:

I got more laugh out loud moments from this episode than I have in quite some time. I couldn’t stop laughing when Jonah said “OH, SHUT UP” and the brain tumor quemment. I think that makes me horrible, but meh.That improvised song at the end was also absolutely amazing. Best podcast in quite a while (that’s not to say the other weren’t great, they were, but this one was superb)

42. Magnoliafan says:

Matt stole his buddy’s girlfriend? Dick move.

43. Zach says:

You guys aren’t big comic book nerds. All is forgiven.

I really enjoyed it they dropped a lot of fan stuff in it.

44. Wesley Marshall says:

Jimmy Fallon and a hostful podcast great way to end a day. #completionfeelsgood