WIL. WHEATON.

Nerdist Podcast #63: WIL. WHEATON.

Wil. Whea. Ton. FINALLY. Never before heard stories of young Wil and young Chris: Strippers! D&D! Surgery! Saucy Picard! This episode will smear goodness onto the walls of your entertainment gland.

This episode was sponsored by Falcon Northwest Computer Systems!

Comments

1. Jerssica says:

Holy crap, this episode is SUCH A DELIGHT! You and Will chatting just had me grinning all morning.

Also, if you are unaware, there is a musical written about Bat Boy called “Bat Boy the Musical” and it is especially fantastic and hilarious. Just thought you should know as you’re such a fan of the bat child.

2. Steven says:

Freaking Amazing! It was so good to finally get Wil on the podcast. As a kid who grew up in a bowling alley (not bowling center) , watched TNG 5 days a week and used a video toaster in high school to edit the school TV network this podcast was like a melding of impossible awesomeness the likes of VADER PUSSY!!!! Keep up the great work, you guys are an inspiration to all of us creative nerd/dorks everywhere! That was a good burrito sir!!!!

3. Wesley Marshall says:

I have no idea what Mr. (or Mrs.) BigDickJones is talking about. You two seemed so naturally funny together. You and all your friends are awesome! And on a different subject, did they give a date for the Gallifrey One thing to air on Ferguson yet?

4. Al says:

Over halfway through listening and words cannot properly convey how enjoyable this episode is!

5. Chris Hardwick says:

Everyone thank you a million times a million!!!

This ep was beyond fun for all of us. We’ll have Double Dubs–as I recently started calling him–back on for sure.

Mr (or Mrs) BigDickJones: we don’t try too hard to do anything. we are who we are!

6. Delaney says:

I love the mentioning of the Bat Boy in this episode. I wonder if Chris or Wil know about the broadway music “Bat Boy”?

7. Jake says:

excuse my crassness but…..FUCK YES.

8. Nelson says:

Chris and Wil need to get married. or just get their own podcast! One of my fave episodes yet.

9. Khami says:

Best podcast ever.

10. bubba says:

-10 for spelling. Wheaton, Deanna, plus any others.

Sigh.

11. bubba says:

This podcast made me happy.

So true about sharing star trek with a parent. Used to watch original Star Trek on the weekends (syndicated reruns) with my dad as a kid. It was on thing, perhaps the only thing, that we could relate to each other over.

Jump forward past the terrible teen years and I was serving overseas in the military at a remote duty station. In those pre-internet days if you were isolated – you were really isolated. We depended on the mail, Stars and Stripes, or the occasional expensive phone call to keep up with the world and family.

My dad started sending vhs tapes of this new series called Next Generation. They made new Star Trek! The mail was slow and unpredictable. I’d get a tape in and an party would be thrown. Didn’t matter what time of day (if we weren’t on duty). A group would gather round, and we’d all watch. It didn’t matter if you were a Trek fan or not. People would watch just to see a tape of TV from home; commercials for products we missed, food that we couldn’t get (pizza!), promos for television shows we’d never heard of, news teasers for events that made no sense, and so on.

So I’ll always have fond memories of Wil Weaton, Next Generation, Diana Troi’s cleavage, and my dad taking the time to tape that show for his son and his buddies half way round the world.

Thanks,

12. Zak R. says:

I would pay $0.99 to hear Nathan Fillion on the Nerdist Podcast, and I would probably pay $1.98 if Wil were on it as well!

13. Well, that plastered a giant grin across my face for an hour and forty minutes. Loved it all to crazy.

14. my_leisure says:

Talk about nergasim. I was cracking up at work and didn’t even care. Very nice episode.

15. I had to give up on my work after about 10 minutes in. Kind of difficult to code a CMS while your eyes are tearing up from laughing so hard. :)

16. Apaeter says:

That was great! And disturbingly moving at times…

It’s understood that there’s no way the Nathan Fillion/Wil Wheaton – Nerdist Podcast cannot happen, right?

17. By the looks of things, WW has a promising career as a Doug Benson impersonator, or the lead in the forthcoming Doug Benson biopic.

18. Dave says:

… Epic …

19. Matt Boyd says:

I am GEEKING OUT!!!!! This so awesome!

20. HenryGram says:

This was great…thanks!!!

21. greg says:

This might be my favorite episode so far!

On a side note, you need to have an inspirational poster contest for that photo :)

22. Stacy says:

Great episode! One of my favorite Wil stories is when he’s teaching one of his sons to drive (I think it was Ryan) where he asks him “What’s the first rule of driving?” and he replies “Don’t be a dick?” Wil says, “Well, yes that’s a rule, but the first rule is everyone on the road is trying to kill you.” Both are really good rules to live by.

This is a great ep b/c these are all new stories that I haven’t heard before!! Chris, you have a magnificent talent of getting stories that your guests haven’t repeated time and time again. Kudos to all of you.

23. Chris W. says:

I’ve been waiting for this podcast since the day it was official, and it’s worth all that wait.

24. M@ says:

Amazing episode!

I do not want to be one of those demanding fans. But I think the quicker you get Wil back on the podcast, they happier Nerdist fans will be.

Kudos to everyone involved.

25. Oluutaa says:

To whom it may concern,

Please do this every week, three times a week.

– The Internet

26. Kev Weldon says:

Best episode yet, only now I wish Wil was a regular.

27. J says:

You guys are making my face muscles hurt. More so than Adam Carolla, Wil deserves a nerdist podcast return in the future. I already love you all forever. Let’s make it love x infinity.

28. Christine says:

One of the best podcasts yet!

p.s. Did you F*%k the snake out of the cage? LOL

29. Sean says:

Strippers! D&D! Surgery! Saucy Picard! What, no hookers? Heh. Still, I’m sure it will be a geektastic podcast. Listening now…

30. Wesley Marshall says:

Chris you have no idea how similar you are to me and some of my friends it blows my mind. I wish I could have conversations like you have with Matt, Jonah, and Wil every day. And I’m so buying your book in physical form when it comes out! It sounds like near the end of the year so around my 20th birthday, I know what I’m asking my parents for :D You are awesome. Also, when is the next live Nerdist Podcast at Meltdown? Home of the Nerdist Empire!

31. coconutphone says:

Yay! Can’t wait!

32. Erin says:

I love EVERYTHING about this episode. Thoughts of Wil and Chris having MST3K viewing parties is my new go-to “Happy Place”. Also, let us not forget the Video Toaster. (FUN FACT: My eye doctor was college roommates with a co-developer of the video Toaster.)

Feel free to bump into me with your mind-boners any day of the week, fellas.

33. Davidlpf says:

I guess they don’t allow embedded video here.

34. Davidlpf says:

Here is a flash from the past.

35. Jen says:

Dang it! I was going to be a Good Mother and take my kid to playgroup. Now I am going to have to stay home and listen to this instead!

When he starts school in a couple of years and gets a bad mark on his report card for stunted social skills I’ll blame you.

36. Anita says:

Wow, Chris and Wil look very young for their age…which is 25 of course!

37. Gabe says:

I just thought I’d let you know that this episode does not seem to be working. It just continuously says connecting. Maybe it’s a problem on my end, but I doubt it, because it only seems to be this episode. Just thought I’d bring it to your attention. Good day to you, sir.

38. Erin says:

This is the greatest thing I have ever heard

39. fancycwabs says:

The “Nerdist Podcast Drinking Game” has pretty simple rules. Drink any time Chris mentions having a notebook for writing jokes, and drink any time he mentions that he was college roommates with Wil Wheaton (there are subrules involving Memphis, bowling, or Hawaii, but this is the gist of it.)

This episode is gonna give me alcohol poisoning. I just know it.

40. The Ginger says:

Couldn’t stop laughing. Crazy antics you two got yourself into. Thank you!

41. Erik G. says:

Despite already gleaming with awesomeness, that picture is nothing without the cornflower tie. I want that tie.

42. Ooh saucy picard, sounds like a dream I once had!
    Make. It. So!

43. Saturn says:

Oh Hardwick…..you had me at Saucy Picard.

44. Matt says:

This podcast fucked the snake out of the cage.

45. JD says:

Now I can die a happy man. Wil on Nerdist.

46. Llamatr0n says:

Got DAYUM, you’s a snappy dresser, Chardwick!

47. Magnoliafan says:

You bruins are so adorable

48. silentdante says:

YAY, couse it wasnt late night for me, but early morning on the east coast. and plus i am out of work so no need ot be sick too! and then Dragon Age 2 demo later, today gunna be a good day.

49. Simona says:

The only good thing of being home sick is that I can listen to this now. ^_^

50. keith says:

Woohoo late night with nerdist podcast. they don’t call me eager beaver cause I’m canadian.