Joel McHale

Nerdist Podcast #6: Joel McHale

Joel McHale dressed his son like a light-switch, Chris sings Doggie Michael Bolton, Jonah had a Seacrest sighting and Matt likes the Dave Matthews Band.

1. ani says:

joel should have his own podcast taking about how funny his kids are!

2. Deb in Seattle says:

Hi Chris – Just started listening to your podcasts! They are great! The tranformers reference on this podcast was so frickin funny! Thanks.

3. Erin says:

A belt made of dicks — funniest thing I heard all day!
    Great stuff! Keep it coming!

4. Tommy R says:

really funny. I love Community. get show guys.

5. @Ian
    Now I kind of feel like I missed the boat because my first pod had no slide whistle…TO THE TARDIS!

@Jonah Ray
    Really??? Gaffigan??? You just made my day, sir.

6. Ian says:

Hey Chris! Both your and Adam Carolla’s first podcasts have slide whistles in them. The very first podcast Adam did he had a slide whistle that somebody bought for his kids. He played it a few times then ranted about it and your pod obviously had Tom playing one. Whats up with slide whistles and inaugural podcasts my friend?

7. I’m not the only one who wants to see the light-switch costume am I? Because I really want to see the light-switch costume. Great podcast, good to know that if I want people to leave a room I should just tell them that Joel McHale is going to be here in a few minutes. Love the podcast love both Soups and love Community, keep up all the good work.
    Oh and while I’m demanding pictures, can we get a picture of the Sticky Note Servo? As a MST-ie I feel it’s something I need to see.

8. Jeff L. says:

I believe the song is Jetpack Blues, Sunset Hues.

9. arsenio_billingham says:

What is the name of the ANAMAGUCHI song you use for the theme song? WANT.

10. ginny says:

Listened to this episode while running this a.m. in Seoul, Korea….26degrees F and obviously I was wearing gloves…luckily the podcast lasted for my entire run so no sausages required. If you want to visit Korea wait til April……….we’ll put you up and direct you to the sausage vendors.
    BTW, your podcast rocks

11. Hunter Boone says:

That was a good one. Remember a lot of those jokes from Joels stand-up in Florida.

What do you record your podcasts on? I’m guessing between some kid of setup that may be portable? Eh?

12. Jonah Ray says:

David….Did you recommend Gaffigan?
    Well well, guess who’s on the next episode???

you weird little psychic you.

13. GayPuppy says:

I can’t find anything on the internets about the opening theme artist. I’ve tried spelling it multiple ways and nada. Anyone have any links? Great podcast as well. I’d love to hear a few with people from AOTS and my brain would melt if you got Patton Oswalt and/or Dave Holmes. Any chance of letting us know about upcoming guests and letting the fans submit some questions. I’m living a Twitter free life so I’m not sure if this has been answered or not. Thanks again and I can’t wait for more.

14. One among us has not gotten an 80s movie reference. His nerdness is in question. Shun him! Let him live in a world without the comforting illumination of a computer monitor. What? Girls are there? Shun him, leave him here, and let us all go there!!!

15. smartbunny says:

David; Stiles = Teen Wolf!

16. David says:

What reference were you making when Joel Mchale was saying his manager was from high school. and you quickly responded with “Was his name Stiles? Did he wear Ray-Bans?, etc.” ??

I was just wondering if that was from a movie or TV show? I have a feeling Saved By The Bell but I’m not quite sure.

Love the podcasts and can’t wait till you do some comedy near Tallahassee, FL!

P.S. Suggestion for next podcast: Jim Gaffigan (one of my favorite comics), Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O’Brien (awesome talk-show hosts) and one of the cast of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (probably Charlie b/c he looks like you?)… David Cross perhaps?

Also it would be sweet if you had video to go with your podcast like when you were on the Kevin Pollack Chat Show.

17. michele says:

I just wanted to tell you 1. i thought the universe might collaspe in on itself when both chris hardwick AND joel mchale were in the same room at the same time. 2.since i am still alive i wanted to tell you guys the show was amazing and awesome and all three of you guys have great chemistry! at any rate the nerdist podcast is amazing in the fact that its three people just talking, having a regular cool people convo and as a result its super funny! keep making awesome work!

18. When is the long-awaited Brian Bonsall interview going to happen?

19. Beancake says:

Is it okay to suggest guests? Or is that annoying? Would Patton Oswalt be a good fit for your podcast?

Anyway, you’re cool. Joel Mchale is cool. This was enjoyable. Thank you! Good night.

20. smartbunny says:

Did anyone but me make a Milkem X?? Wanna see!

21. Jake says:

Funny. I was just catching up on the Soup and I thought I’d see if there was a new Nerdist podcast. Lo and behold! It’s a flood of Joel McHaleness. I’m digging the shit out of this series, Chris. I kind of rediscovered you through I Love Movies, and I’m glad I did.

PS: You were also the only reason I ever watched Singled Out back in the day. (Don’t tell Jenny McCarthy’s boobs!)

22. Josh says:

Did anyone else notice Joel did the Adam Carolla Chevy is Chevy” thing to avoid saying Chevy is a dick?

23. Press says:

the doggy singing is hilarious! Me and my friends call it “yareling” cuz we usually just sing “yeah” in that voice. I think it started with imatating and talkign about grunge or Pearl Jam or some shit i dont remember but its way to funny to hear other people basically doing our little inside joke!

24. Chris Hardwick says:

Marty: I made it while screwing around in Logic Pro!

25. Marty says:

So, what was the awesome BG music used during the live dates at the end?

26. Blaqueheart says:

Cute that you commented on McHale’s d-bag wrist wear. It did disturb me that on AOTS that you and Haislip were searching for a saw that that would slice through bone quickly. That and the 90’s style pants you were wearing. You did look healthy, though. Kudos.

27. Deltus says:

Dude is eating his shirt. I mean, seriously, dude is eating his shirt.

28. Hardwick says:

Sam Swanson and Kijan, I think I can make both of those happen!

29. Amrehlu says:

There is nothing better to mine ore on an MMO to then these podcasts. They are crazy entertaining. Thanks for keeping me from going insane with boredom.

30. so…. does this mean that Joel and chris aren’t rivals anymore

31. so….. does this mean that Joel and chris aren’t rivals anymore

32. so…… does this mean that Joel and chris aren’t rivals anymore

33. Sam Swanson says:

Awesome! Now get the guys from Rifftrax/MST3k!

34. davidk says:

Ha, you’re awesome Chris! Sorry I missed you when you were in SF, but hey, what’s 500 miles between awesome and … SF… Wait… Damnit!

35. Joshua says:

Great conversation! As a former guy on “Singled Out” I love Hardwick and as a TV watcher I love McHale!

36. Kijan says:

can’t wait to listen to this! suggestion for another podcast: Brandon Small : )