Nerdist Podcast #58

Nerdist Podcast #58

Our second guestless cast finds the gents broadcasting from a haunted storage closet at the Punch Line Comedy Club in San Francisco during SF Sketchfest.

1. Rob O. says:

Still no #58. Is it available elsewhere?

I think that the ‘haunted’ closet is to blame for this podcast.

2. Patric E. says:

The file can not be found. Thought it was internet problem last night, but I still can’t open it. Please fix or I will not be able to say I have listened to all of them. Thanks

3. David Barnes says:

So I’m a little behind in my podcast listening, but the guy who asked how Da5id is pronounced, pretty sure they either had just read, or love the novel Snow Crash.

4. Justin says:

I know I’m a week late on this one, but:

There have been a good number of occasions where I’ve listened to Nerdist IN SPITE of who the guest was, and each of those times you’re good enough that you made me really like or respect these people I wasn’t sure about going in. So, you know, guestless episodes are workin’ for me. Even if I am a week behind.

5. Carl from hawaii says:

I just wanted to let u guys know Pipeline cafe where Jonah opened for Doug Benson was shut down by the police .
    But I hope you guys still come to Hawaii sometime this year .

6. I actually enjoy the guestless/hostful podcasts MORE than the ones with guests?

7. Lian says:

^Whoever emailed you with questions probably did not come up with them. But nonetheless great podcast!

8. Beth Kaelin says:

First off let me say I’m in love with this podcast. Chris, Matt, and Jonah you are AWESOME. The hostful podcasts are quickly becoming my favorites. Of course I love the guest ones too, but the hostful ones are better in my opinon. I can honestly say I started listening to this podcast because I was a fan of Chris; Jonah and Matt are a wonderful bonus and I’m deeply in awe of their hilariousness. I as well would definitly listen/buy/consume any kind of stand-up that Matt does. He’s really funny and makes me laugh constantly. Anyway, to sum it all up I love the hostful podcasts and please keep doing them! PLEASE.

9. Chris Hardwick says:

Holy cats! I love that the guestle–ahem–HOSTFUL episodes are getting twice as many comments as the guested ones. This shows that there’s a real community of goodly folks out there with whom we would hang out and who care about our lip flappings.

Thank you a ton!!!

10. Amar says:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to tell you I recently started listening to the podcast and am a HUGE fan. Love the humor, love the banter, think you guys are doing a great job. Keep it up!

11. John says:

Hey, Chris, Jonah, and Matt. When I first stumbled onto the Nerdist podcast I only downloaded the ones with guests I was interested in. After two or three I didn’t give a fuck who your guest was, I wanted to “hang” out with you guys in my ear canals. I went back to the beginning and listened to them all. Thanks for introducing me to so many new people/books/movies, etc. BURRITOS FOREVER!

12. anna says:

ha. i didn’t expect that british accent read to be so hilarious. but it was supremely awesome. next challenge? british steven hawking voice.

13. alex says:

Fair enough, smartbunny. Fair enough.

14. Chris says:

With or without guests, you guys are awesome. Podcast always makes me laugh

15. Wes Hartlieb says:

I love both the Guest and Guest free podcasts! Keep them up you guys are great! All Hail President Skroob!

16. smartbunny says:

Hostful, good. The TITS? Bad.

17. alex says:

I came back to say i think referring to these podcasts as “hostful” rater than “guestless” is a winner. One could even say it’s the TITS! Can we make it stick, nerdlings?

18. I love that Matt is getting more time to talk. No offensive Chris & Jonah. Love you guys too. Matt is going to great stand up someday. Hopefully soon. Hey you guys should talk TV shows you are really into. You guys really need to come out to Asheville NC and do some shows. Keep up the great podcast. Daniel @stefanos311 on twitter

19. Daniel says:

No! Retraction! I should never second guess the nerdists ever again. My apologies for acting like I knew a thing or two about heartwarming family sports films.

20. Daniel says:

Long time listener, first time caller and I am too lazy to read 60 comments to make sure I am not repeating anyone, but the kid from Angels in the Outfield was not Mr. Leavitt (sp?). I am also too lazy to look up who it was, but I am pretty sure it was the kid who caught the mouth herpes from Tara Reid in American Pie.

I would lay praise along with the rest but I’m saving it all for a one-time proper e-mail. Just know that the three of you are keeping one man in New Orleans afloat.

21. Anna says:

Loved the show. Thanks, guys. :)

22. adAnt says:

Mr. Hardwick, you are a geek GOD! First, you got Kevin Smith, now you’re getting Wil Wheaton & Black Dynamite director Scott Sanders. Keep up the good work. The guestless (or hostful) are the TITS!

Also, any chance of another Meltdown Live comedy show? I never laughed so hard at my computer (‘Look out, Cheetah!’ still makes me chortle.) But, next time, Matt needs to give it a go. Can’t get going at comedy full time if you can’t do it in front of a loving nerd audience!

23. lopezf says:

I have to say, the guestless podcasts are my favorite. There is nothing I enjoy listening to more than the three of you just talking. Love it, keep em coming please.

24. allyson says:

These guestless podcasts are so amazing. Don’t stop. I’m a comic and listening to the three of you enjoy your burrito makes me enjoy mine. Seriously. Don’t stop.

25. Meghan says:

I love these guestless podcasts, so keep up the awesome-ness! The 10 Magic Objects list was hilarious.

26. alex says:

I love hanging out with you guys, whether you’ve got guests with you or not. Please keep doing what you’re doing, you brighten my day every time.

27. jamison says:

I am embarrassed to ask… but what the fuck is a writers packet and where can I see examples?

28. Ryan says:

Guys, I have to tell you, these guestless podcasts are awesome. Keep it up, never stop.

29. Matt Storm says:

AWESOMENESS of EPIC AWESOME! Another awesome show! Keep it up guys! oh and an immortal dog that poops gold… Yes please! P.S. Please do a nerdist comedy tour! That would rock!