Comedians You Should Know!

Nerdist Podcast #51: Comedians You Should Know!

It’s a stand-up comedy special! Enjoy some comics you may not previously have known or REALLY enjoy them if you did! Our end of the year live show was hosted by me, Chris Hardwick, and featured (click to follow!):

CHRIS FAIRBANKS
JACKIE KASHIAN
JONAH RAY
KUMAIL NANJIANI
PAUL CIBIS
KYLE KINANE
MATT BRAUNGER

Recorded at Meltdown Comics in LA on December 15, 2010 in front of a live nerd audience.

Thanks for an AMAZING 2010! We’ll see you in 2011! (aka, a week)

Comments

1. M.C. says:

Start-to-finish hilarious! And if I sound surprised, it’s just because that *never* happens with multiple comics…

2. Jake says:

The link ends after 09:15.

3. Josh from Europe says:

I laughed so hard, i nearly s*** my pants

4. Tom says:

I could definitely go for a tribe of cheese babies and a melancholy hot boy.

5. Robin says:

The whole group was great but, sweet jeebus, Braunger almost killed me I was laughing so hard. I’ll have to keep an eye out for him.

6. Jordan says:

Best podcast so far, this should be an annual thing.

7. Jessica B says:

Loved this! I’m stuck at home with the flu, so using the “laughter is the best medicine” theory, I should be one more podcast away from cured… or one more LOL away from never being able to use my voice again, because my throat is completely shot from laughing until I’m coughing and hacking my lungs up and unable to breathe.

Either way, I’m good. :)

8. Saso Alauf says:

I think Billy Conolly borrowed the joke about the sex in the other room…it was somewhere around him putting salad on his wiener on craig’s show,,,

9. 1 syllable off. damn.

10. Mmmmm…Cheddar Biscuits.
    I love Kyle. I’m hungry.
    Is this a Haiku?

11. JoeG says:

I have heard some of Chris Fairbanks’ jokes before, several years ago and from different comedians. Hopefully it was unintentional.

12. I showed up to that show running on 2 hours of sleep. By the end I couldn’t tell if I was hallucinating, or if it was actually that bloody funny. Now thanks to the podcast, I know. Thank you for being ridiculously hilarious, all of you.

13. Thanks Chris, I turn 35 in 20 days… Now I know what to look forward too…. 😀

14. wendi says:

just spent the last few hours busting up over this! Chris Hardwick is one of my favorite people to follow and listen to! everyone is just great too! great way to kill a few hours with your ipod!

15. Ross says:

Great show. Thanks for introducing me to these folks, Herr Hardwick.
    Also, thanks for introducing me to kevin Pollack’s Chat Show. Speaking of, two off-topic things:
    1) On your appearance there, you & KP were joking about John Hamm going off & ruining his appearance in order to get more comedy roles(& noting how no one really does that)–according to several sources, that is, ironically, what Tim Curry did shortly after the film of “Rocky Horror” exploded into US midnight-movie cult status. He felt it was the only way to ever do anything but warmed-over versions of everyone’s favorite Tranny mad scientist;
    2) I was so looking forward to watching Weird Al’s session, only to find Sony blocked it. Why can’t we just watch it w/o the copyrighted material? I’ve tried asking at the KPCS site, but something there is(as Lewis Black would say) “askeeewwww”. Any alternate suggestions on where to see this interview?

16. DefconDan says:

Awesome and thank you Chris… the fact that you posted this FOR FUCKING FREE, given all the great talent involved, is much much appreciated and continues to make me a fan of your mind-work-stuff. Everyone’s set was good but now I can’t get Jonah’s “will I ever be able to cum again without kicking a dog” bit out of my head…

Holidays to all the Nerdists out there and THANK YOU.

17. Chris Hardwick says:

Joe: Yeah, Natasha was supposed to be on the show and the poor child got strep throat the day before. Not a good ailment with which to perform the stand-up.

18. Musu says:

Now i really don’t like you nerdist podcast I decided to listen to your podcast while having lunch 5 minutes into the show i choke with a piece of my left over turkey sandwich, I was laughing really hard while fearing for my life.

19. Peter Schmalz says:

You realize Cheetah was Tarzan’s monkey right?

20. Jung says:

AMAZING. And I didn’t know any of these comics prior to this podcast…now i’m a fan of all of them! I am looking up their stuff on youtube now.

21. Joe says:

Wasn’t Natasha Leggero scheduled to be there? Did that fall through? I loloved the show still.

22. monica says:

amazingly funny :) thanks so much for the quality entertainment! I’ve been laughing out loud for the last hour. thanks for making my night!

23. Matt says:

A top notch show from start to finish. Thanks for a great year of entertainment. Looking forward to 2011.

24. jessica says:

listened twice: i was right to be so excited.

the ‘cast gets better and better, Chris.

thank you!!

xoj

25. Stacy says:

My co-workers think I have issues now… I was literally lol-ing through just about the entire episode. Wish I could have been there.

26. Alan says:

Wow… Kyle NAILED it with the Red Lobster Cheddar Biscuits and MJ bit. As he started talking I thought to myself, “no… no… there is NO WAY that anyone else besides me was as addicted to the madness that was the Cheddar Biscuit Facebook page on June 25th, 2009 that I was!” Oh, how wrong I was. This is for Kyle – I took this screenshot 40 minutes into the awesomeness…

27. Chris Hardwick says:

All fixed! The RSS has been repaired and iTunes is in full download mode!

28. A listener says:

Wow, what a great episode. Real strong field, but kyle blew me away. I had never heard of kyle kinane before.

29. George Formby says:

Uhm it’s not up on rss?!

30. EaterOfBoners says:

Kyle was on fucking fire. God damn that was good.

31. starlollie says:

OMG That was hilarious! Im going to listen to this like 3 more times before I go to work today. I need to start hanging out at Meltdown more geez.

32. Ryan says:

1st off. I fucking loved the show. It was fantastic. I wish I could be there so badly. I, because I’m not all hipster and cool-like like all of you fine people, don’t know of these comics, (besides Matt Braunger who I saw from 1 episode of Chelsea lately like 2 years ago) and I have to say, as expected, they were great. My favorites would definitely have to be Kyle Kinane, Chris Fairbanks, and Matt.

And now to say something (not)COMPLETELY Unrelated to this particular podcast: I doubt that Rainn Wilson expected his short little philosophy quote, to become the sign out of this show for many a months time.
    And with that, I bid you adieu. (oh, how fancy!)

33. Wesley Marshall says:

Great show!!! I was there the night of. And you were kind enough to take a picture with me and then with my friend. It was a genuine pleasure meeting you in person and listening to you and your friends comedy jokes. Can’t wait for the next Nerdist Podcast Live. Also I just ordered your t-shirt. And I shall wear the fuck out of it, meaning I’ll wear it a lo,t not wear it out. I’m over sharing callback 😀

34. Annecoultersadamsapple says:

I was literally waiting for this episode to drop before I sent a care package to my friend in afghanistan. Your live shows have been a big hit with him and I don’t have to constantly struggle to find new comedy cd’s to buy and send to him. Packing it in with the wool socks and easy-mac right now.

35. Zc says:

Thank you so much for sharing this show with the masses! Come back to Seattle soon, all of you!

36. Jarrett says:

I’m bad at math.

37. JD says:

I’m glad I’m not enough of a nerd to have defended Chris.

But I’m enough of one to feel excited that he even referenced what I wrote.

Still listening, enjoying the bestiality jokes.

Keep up the good work asshole. It was worth the couple minute wait. (that’s like 2 years in nerd web surfing time)

38. Jarrett says:

Never heard of Paul Cibis but I’m a fan of all the others (we’ll see after I listen, Cibis!). 6/7 ain’t bad, I beat Meatloaf by 2/7.

39. Garrett says:

This show was super fun live– I hope it isn’t the last one you guys do.

40. Chris Hardwick says:

Not sure why itunes isn’t catching it right away. It used to! It’s an indexing issue, I believe. These last two eps have taken a bit more time to turn up in the subscriber feed. Sadly, there’s nothing I can do to make it go faster. I have posted and pinged itunes. Itunes gets it when it feels like it.

Actually, JD, “thanks asshole” made me laugh, though I do appreciate a kind Nerdling leaping to my defense! Everyone wins!

41. Alan says:

The internets owes me free entrainment, its broken, and I’m offended and slightly unconvinced! Womp womp.

42. JD says:

I refuse to leave.

I’m not done listening,

43. mike says:

Thank you now I can deal with another night @ my shitty job

44. mike says:

its not up on itunes yet can u upload it. please

45. mike says:

its not up on itunes yet can u upload it please

46. Get The Hell Out Of Here JD says:

Read above. And Fuck off.

47. jessica says:

yay!

love!

so excited!

j

48. JD says:

Up and working.

Much better. Thanks asshole.

49. JD says: