Paul Scheer

Nerdist Podcast #38: Paul Scheer

Paul Scheer is 33% of Human Giant and has a painting of Steve Martin from “The Jerk” that I want to steal. Matt and Jonah would totally help me. (if they want to stay on this ‘show’, that is)

1. simon says:

scheer is a poison for childrens mind.
    but the world keeps turning and does not stop

2. Ryan says:

3. Andres says:

Hey, love the podcast! Thought I would chime in with my first nerd post in my area of nerdiness, linguistics. Feel free to read with your nerd voice in mind:
    By the way, you kept saying “an hilarious” which in written form is ok, but only because two dialects exist in English: one where the letter h is pronounced and the other where it is not. So if you speak a dialect where the h is silent in words like human, hilarious, historic, then yes you would say “an” so you would say “an ilarious comic” and be grammatical. If you do pronounce the h then you have to use “a” and say “a historic event.” So in the UK where h is generally silent in the prestigious dialects i.e. The Queen’s English, they tend to write “an” before this type of word. In the US, “a” is preferred, except for a few sticklers who look to Britain for grammar.
    Thought I’d share lol!

4. Charlie says:

Catie… uhhhh there already was a rob huebel podcast? he was like the second one. PRETENTIOUS INTERNET CORRECTION RAGE!!!

5. Roy Lovejoy says:

Listening to Disney audio chat on this podcast-

Check out coolest audio on the web:

I’ve been trying to get them to let me write an iPhone app for them (gratis)..

It is THE archive of cool-ass Disney obscure audio- be prepared to lose at least 36 hours… the first time..

6. Todd Mason says:

As a visitor to DisneyWorld in 1973, even then, for example, the 360 degree theater was Heavily branded with Monsanto…better living through poison.

7. Wade says:

I love the Nerdist podcasts. My favorite podcast. But you guys say “literally” like motherfuckers! You literally do!

8. smartbunny says:

The thing about Boiling Points is; it doesn’t really reward someone for being patient. It rewards people for being OVERLY nice and kind of a doormat. Because they are not merely putting up with some normal situation, they are being subject to terrible behavior and glaring incompetence. The people that walk away or curse are merely being normal.

9. Catie says:

@genepete: I have never been so embarrassed about anything in my entire life. Okay, that’s hyperbolic. But you’re right. And I’ve listened to it at least three times. I guess I’ll blame the early onset dementia.

10. Robin says:

What is the name of the artist you were talking about? That did the Back to the Future portrait?

11. Annecoultersadamsapple says:

The Dana Carvey show is on Hulu right now. Just sayin.

12. JnAStudios says:

I always love these podcasts. I especially geek out when everyone starts to talk about the industry, really interesting to hear insiders’ view. As a person that posts videos on YouTube it was informative what y’all were saying towards the end. I mostly just post there for the fun of it, don’t really have a plan, if they take me anywhere cool if not still cool. I tried to forget most of what happened at the Train Wreck Awards so I don’t remember the guys who did the fart jokes but I do remember the incident in which you were…molested and I know who it was. On behalf of the YouTube community I deeply apologize.

13. Brian says:

Yeah, what Jen said. Is there to be no more Web Soup? News make monster sad un-smiley.

14. Jen K says:

I’m sorry, what happened to Web Soup?

15. genepete says:

For shame, Catie!!!!! Podcast #4 has what you desire!!!

16. DeChene says:

This may not be the right place to ask, but where might I be able to send gifts for the podcast?

17. Scott says:

Love Scheer. I’d highly recommend his appearances on Comedy Death Ray as J. Montgomery Scott.

Seconding Marc, is that opening song an original tune? I’d love to get a copy.

18. Marc says:

I want your opening as a ringtone Chris!

19. Catie says:

Yes!! Paul Scheer can do no wrong. Now methinks ’tis time for a Rob Huebel podcast mayhaps?

20. Deltus says:

The giant nubbed dildo just says “class” to me.

21. Eren says:

The South African accent was way more Australian. You know we’re sensitive about that!

22. Dave says:

The Kirk Demarais “The McFlys” referenced in the podcast:

My birthday is coming up. Just saying.

23. CaptainxBumout says:

Great! I’ve never heard a Nerdist podcast I didn’t like.

24. andrew says:

big ups to orlando theme parks!
    and also yay.