Scott Ian

Nerdist Podcast #159: SCOTT IAN

Scott Ian of Anthrax talks about zombies, Sam Kinison, and Chuck D’s suprising main influence.

This episode was brought to you by hover.com…domain registration made simple!

Comments

1. Joshua Bryan Hammack says:

Gotta say I am not an Anthrax fan but really enjoyed this podcast.

2. Gwif says:

Holy crap, listening to this and Chris says Ozzy was on the Nerdist podcast and I was like “WHAT? No he wasn’t! I’ve listened to every podcast and I’d remember that.” But no, he was, and I was wrong. I must be getting old. Gotta go back and listen to it again.

3. garyancheta says:

Public Enemy/Anthrax was one of the coolest collaborations. I loved it so much when I was a kid. Even now, I put it on when I need to be pumped up.

And just an addendum, but wasn’t “Hey Jude” about Jullian Lennon? Oh wait, that was written by Paul McCartney because he did feel bad about the whole thing.

4. bastien says:

How dare those women live in a society that turns them into sex objects!

And how dare those sex objects have fat on their bodies!

And how dare those fat sex objects wear clothing that you don’t want them to!

And how dare those fat sex objects wearing clothing you don’t like not give you an erection!

• QuasarSniffer says:

bastien, although I appreciate your concern for the objectification of women, I don’t want to live in a world where nerds can’t make fun of the ridiculousness of the institution that is the “Booth Babe.”

5. QuasarSniffer says:

As a HUGE metal fan, I’ve always though Scott Ian has been one of metal’s greatest ambassadors for years and years. Not only is his music stellar, but he’s funny, well-spoken, and personable. I’m exceedingly glad he exists. From Anthrax to S.O.D. to, as Mucktavious mentioned, The Damned Things, he’s brought great tunes into this world.

Also, I love his hatred. Interesting to hear him be be inspired to anger by family life when most people associate that experience with softening. Awesome.

6. Jeff says:

Very cool podcast! I’ve always have been a fan of Anthrax/Scott Ian. Chris, I’m surprised you guys didn’t talk about what you and Scott have in common (besides geeking out over comedy, comic books, etc.) You both guest starred on ‘Married With Children’.

7. Jennifer says:

I have always thought the exact same thing regarding John/Julian/Sean. Pretty much the biggest asshole move in the world.

8. M@ says:

Great job! Easily one of my favorite Nerdist episodes ever!

9. TimelordS says:

Amazing episode, what was going on with the audio at the end? I was hearing this *tch tch* sound under your voices, and then the obvious Nick sound explosion “ear rape” noise. just wanted to let you know, even though you probably noticed while editing. Still awesome no matter what technical issues may have occurred!

10. Mucktavious says:

I love anthrax, and this was a great podcast! I also like his side project The Damned Things, their new album Ironiclast is quite good!

11. ArtChemist says:

Tho I was more a HipHop Head, I had much respect for Anthrax since their collabo with Public Enemy, but I also knew they were cool when I saw their “Judge Death/Judge Dredd” t-shirt. I actually bought it but never wore it. I prolly woulda got beat up in high school.

12. I Just came says:

Yeah that’s what we DID

13. Ryan says:

I’ve minored in many forms of nerdistry throughout my life but majored as a metal nerd, Posehn level. Even though Rob Zombie has been on this one is an ultimate for me.Thank you Nerdist for putting out top shelf entertainment for free.

14. Amrehlu says:

Whoa, I did not see this coming, this is fucking amazing, you’re fucking amazing, and Scott is fucking amazing. Everything is fucking amazing.

15. B.J. says:

LOL @Ian Scott

16. Thiago Spegiorin says:

This guy is so cool! lol

I`m not really a Metal Fan, but this interview was pretty awesome.

17. Chris says:

Googled Ian Scott instead. Oops.

18. RaphyL says:

I freaking Love Scott Ian, this episode was unexpected but totally appreciated. Thank you Nerdist in Chief.

19. Tanner says:

As a metal fan this makes me SOOOOOOOOO happy in my inside-y parts!!!! Worship Music was a really good album BTW. Check it out people!