David Cross

Nerdist Podcast #156: DAVID CROSS

David talks Mr. Show, Arrested Development, getting stuck on cruiseships and the whimsy of Squagles. He was also very patient and kind considering that Chris & Jonah were 30 minutes late. IT WASN’T THEIR FAULT. But it’s still not okay. Stupid Chris and stupid Jonah. Pfffft.

The season premiere of David’s show The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret is tonight, Friday the 6th at 10:30/9:30c on IFC

Comments

1. Pete says:

Favorite guy.  Not only incredibly smart and deeply funny, but maintains a firm grasp on reality.  Love it.

2. rhzunam says:

What? People dissing on people who have made greatness like David Cross because he’s morose while they celebrate totally mediocre people like Jerri Ryan because they are chipper? Color me surprised!

3. Rane says:

Couldn’t even finish this one. Hearing an actor who signed up to appear in a shitty movie complain about the shitty stuff he had to do to promote said shitty movie does not elicit any sympathy from me. Suck it up and realize you get to do what you want for a living. I sit in front of a computer looking at spreadsheets all damn day. Cross is an asshole complaining about having to go on a cruise for a week.

4. smartbunny says:

Squagels are the shit!

5. Matthew says:

David Cross sounds like one miserable dude. At any rate, I bet you made his day Senior Hardwick.
    On a positive note; I found you guys last month on a lark. Great podcast and I love the BBC tv show. Leno, Coco, Letterman, Fallon and Kimmel aint got nothin’ on you. ;-) (you can see I left Ferguson out) ;-)
    Congrats to you Chris! And good luck!

6. andrew says:

david seems sad :(

7. Janelle says:

Great podcast, as always!

Also had to laugh at David’s mention of the guy wearing the “I’m in Miami bitch” T-shirt. Yesterday, my boss had to show me pics of himself on vacation over the holidays wearing the exact same shirt.

8. Thomas says:

I’m having trouble locating David Cross’ twitter or anything sufficient off-hand / on-hand to ask if he’s ever read David Foster Wallace’s essay on how horrible cruise ships are “A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again” (name of book, also). I’ll shoot this question elsewhere, because its kind of a specific hate connection not to pose the question.

9. odin42 says:

IT’S SQUARE MOTHERFUCK

10. Diah says:

I love how Chris was trying to make Cross like him so hard.
    You can really tell how much he looks up to him.

I love David Cross, but wish he had more Stand up albums to listen to.
    Hurray for having an amazing comedian on the podcast!

11. rhzunam says:

David Cross is the greatest. That simply. Can’t wait for this and can’t believe you got late when you had the best guest so far but then again things like that happen all the time. Thanks so much for this.

And as for the Chipmunks movies, Cross said it paid him more than anything he ever has done and it’s not like he hasn’t distance himself from them.

12. Porsche says:

I didn’t realize I was from Mars. Thanks for the heads up, David Cross.

13. IFB says:

Listening to it now. I really hope you guys ripped him a new one because of the Chipmunks movies. I’ll bet you didn’t.

I mean, I love me some David Cross, but those movies are inexcusable.

14. Aeshir says:

AMAAAAAAZING GRAAAAAAACE

15. Highonfailure says:

Am I missing something but how do you download this when the site is in mobile format?

16. Seames says:

Great episode, Mr. Nerdists!

17. Livius says:

David Cross?!
    Love his work, very funny.
    Downloading now, review after I listen to it.

18. MikeSol says:

The slight ding sound in the intro sounds a lot like the google voice alert so I thought i was getting texts. :O LOVE David can’t wait to hear this one. 3…2…1 GO!