David Tennant

Nerdist Podcast #153: DAVID TENNANT

Yes! The 10th Doctor himself, David Tennant, in a sit down chat with Chris in a very posh English library! This is the full unedited audio from the segment on the Nerdist TV show (originally aired 12/24 on BBC America, probably available on iTunes now). Chris and David chat about Doctor Who, Harry Potter, The Incredible Hulk, and working shirtless. PLUS! MANY fan questions answered. He was nine kinds of awesome. You asked for him (so did I)! Here he is! Now enjoy this Scottish burrito (which sounds like a filthy sex-thing but it isn’t)!

1. K_karol says:

2. Jojo says:

Its official, Marvel trumps DC!!!! Tennant says so!

3. Rakka says:

Amazing,just amazing.He’s really cool and funny.

4. Jessica says:

I just began listening to the podcast and I just discovered this, I can’t wait to listen, I love David!

5. Scout Blaszczak says:

I was looking for this for quite a while! 😀 I love it!

6. the oncoming derp says:

I just found this and I just wanted to say that I choked on the davidtennantinplacesheshoulndtbe part. I always wondered what he might think about some weird parts of fandom like that. He is such a cool dude. Now someone has to tell him about the #tennant tuesday hashtag on Tumblr…

7. Jas says:

“I’m very accessible”

Are you now, Mr. Tennant??? 😉

8. I’m from Melbourne, Australia and I just found this! Thanks for making my Thursday afternoon. DT is a wonderful being and you guys are epic!

9. Laura\ says:

Oh, this was awesome except for that broken English of the Italian girl. I hate how my connationals are known for not being able to speak English. Mostly because it’s true. This made me ashamed :/

10. Chris says:

Just was able to hear this now, but I am starting to go thru every podcast and I love this stuff.. Thank you fellow Nerdists… My office mate and I talk about Dr. Who, the Nerdist, games, & science. You guys crack us up every day. Thank you.
    And I still think David Tennant is the BEST DOCTOR!!! I miss him, wish there could be a Dr episode where some of the current Dr all show up in one episode!

11. Joe Shmoe says:

David Tennant is one of the top 10 best doctors!

12. Alessia says:

13. Eleonoor says:

David Tennant loves The West Wing!!! That made my day!
    Also: I really love this podcast. I usually hate the interviewers because they don’t always know what they’re talking about but you are obviously awesome Chris!

14. MercyLeader says:

Scottish burrito… thank you nerdist for putting everything I’ve been nerding over for about five weeks into words…

15. Binh says:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

16. Kat Starr says:

I love Chris’ accents, they are quite entertaining and actually not too shabby!! :) & of course I love David Tennant :)

17. Emily says:

This right here is nerd love in the form of a podcast. I’ve just been sitting here listening and my parents have been giving me the funniest looks. Anyway, this is pretty awesome. I’m going to have to start watching the TV show now. I’m afraid to say what I liked because I’m bound to leave something out, and there was so much that was great about this!

18. Katie Rakoczy says:

At first, I could not bring myself to listen to this out of the immense, raging jealousy that I have for Chris being able to meet David Tennant, but once I listened to it, I was blown away. It really is like he’s just hanging out, being all amazing and wonderful. Best interview I’ve ever heard with David, and tons of thanks to the podcast for putting it up uncut. Greatly appreciated!

19. Andrea says:

Best hour and a bit ever. Thank you Chris and David for making me giggle while working! (on a website in 7 different languages no less)
    I will be listening to this again!

20. Melly says:

After listening to this most excellent interview/chat with the delectable David Tennant, you have gained a new fan of Nerdist Podcast. Ive never listened to one before and im glad i chose this one as my first. You have just made my christmas and new year :)

21. sharon thorne says:

I got the link to this interview through and I’m so glad I took time to listen as it’s one of his best interviews. Both interviewer and interviewee were enjoying their chat and obviously had a lot in common. Learnt that DT is a ‘Curb’ fan. Liked the bits when they had to stop in places but just carried on chatting to each other anyway. I haven’t seen Fright Night yet but am now intrigued as to which older British actor was originally offered the part. My mind is is searching for a likely choice.. someone with a sci-fi/horror background… Patrick Stewart himself or Mark Gatiss but he’s not much older than DT… Hmmmm… Any ideas anyone?

22. Jennifer says:

I didn’t think it was possible for me to love David Tennant more than I already did. This was fucking sensational. I have listened to it three times. Also, I imagine he smells like warm laundry.

23. Donnaj says:

Chirs, as a slightly obsessed DT fan I got to say this is the best interview with David Tennant ever! Well done, sir, well done!! Thanks for the entire interview too!!

24. three toes of fury says:

Chris…get out of my brain…i almost crashed my car when you said that you not only know about the “Young Ones”, but its one of your favorite shows!?! Mine too! Woot!

Which reminds me…ive always thought that the episode “Bambi” is one of the best episodes of TV ever. The seinfeld episode of “the Contest” would be on that list….im gonna head over and propose a quemment topic of your guys fav individual episode from TV-dome

25. Emma F.M says:

Thanks for this enterview. It’s the best present for Christmas.
    I love David Tennant. He’s brillant!

26. Patti says:

I really enjoyed hearing David’s real accent. I was kinda bummed when the interview was over, because I wanted to hear more. I loved hearing you both talk, actually. Great guest, Chris. Oh, and Charles up there, ^ I think you meant “The Ascent Of Stan”. Great song by Ben Folds. The institution part, maybe…

27. Amy says:

Wonderful Podcast!

28. NicoleMarie says:

Hey guys, any idea when we can purchase the show on iTunes? I unfortunately missed the airing due to my holiday tradition of getting black-out drunk with relatives.

29. Mak says:

David Tennant is just brilliant.

30. Harx1 says:

While watching the tv special (fabulous job, btw) this weekend, I was a bit sad that David Tennant’s section was so short, but was ecstatic to find the whole interview on my rss feed when I got to work this a.m (no Itunes for the present). Great job on the interview, Mr. Hardwick. A nice mix of excited fanboy and somewhat probing questions.

31. Kati says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Yes!!!!!!!!

32. Scully says:

I saw the trailer for the Margaret Thatcher film that was referenced and thanks to Hostful the only thing I could hear the whole time was “Acid Party…Let’s have party”

Great podcast as always so glad David Tennant was finally a guest *achievement unlocked*

33. G.mike says:

This is my doctor, I loved his personality I like the way he acted, Matt Smith is okay, but my favoret episode is “Are you My Mommy” so all the doctors are great but David is the best.

34. Charles Kelso says:

At 36:10 Chris is basically just describing The accent of Stan by Ben Folds.

35. Alex says:

My sister flipped a gasket when you asked her question. She even made a youtube video about how stoked she was. It was cute. Thanks for making her Christmas!

Oh, and here’s the link to her video if you want to see her gush about it.

36. Karly says:

Is it terribly sad that when he said “Good morning Idaho” I almost had a heart attack? That means he’s HEARD OF my state. That’s pretty amazing.

37. Phil says:

what a fantastic episode, and a charming guy. Rock on Hardwick for pulling that together.

38. Jenni says:

Woohoo! DT!! huge get. I LOVE him. Good job containing all your fandom.

Much Ado About Nothing is available through Digital Theatre, for download purchase or rental. Yes, they offer American currency. It was recorded in September. He and Catherine Tate are fabulous together. Also, check out her Christmas Special. He is superb!

39. Matthew says:

David’s cloned(?) Doctor is still alive in the other universe with Rose but it closed off forever. So Could that be how Tennant could return to the show? Does the doctor exist in only one universe then or are the time Lords only part of our universe or outside of all universes? Is their a doctor per parrallel universes? What is the timeline of all the doctors? Matt Smith’s Doctor did reboot the universe though. Sorry for the triple comment overload, I have a million of these questions. Could some uber nerd make a historical doctor who timeline?

40. -Di. says:

I suspect that the Nerdist tv special as well as the Doctor Who special will be added on Tuesday. That’s when iTunes gets new stuff. I also suspect that the holiday has something to do with stuff not getting added to iTunes yet.

41. Matthew says:

I forgot my other favorite part of the Tennant podcast was the talking about the fan fiction that was dirty. I knew of fan fiction but didn’t know it was so filthy! I love that Doctor Who is a family show but I love knowing that people write graphic depictions of the Doctor’s penis and imagine him and Rose going at it Skin a Max style would be so awesome. That would be my fantasy to be Casanova style Doctor using the tardis as a sex machine.

42. Matthew says:

Wow! what a pleasant surprise! David Tennant had to be the guest I wanted to hear the most on your podcast. I laughed so hard at all the silly fan questions. The women who wanted to know how David smelled might be like Kathy Bates character in Misery. I imagine her having him tied up in her bed demanding he play the Doctor again. So, you already had my dream guest, who is the new dream guest? Other past Doctors, or Shatner, Nimoy anyone Star Trek or Star Wars like Marc Hamill. Steve Martin, Conan, Letterman, Stern, Chris Rock as far as comedy

43. PGCB says:

Loved the Year In Review special, I watched it a total of 3 sad and lonely holiday times!

44. jayne taylor says:

Thanx for the David Tennant interview. He rules! I adore him. Very talented & gorgeous. A great personality with an awesome taste in movies. I could go on about David. Shirtless & grabbing his crotch in Fright Night, priceless. Way better looking than colin in my opinion. Well Done Chris, thanx. A great xmas present.

45. Kerry Kurowski says:

New the show, but another lifelong nerd your age. Super groovy interview, Chris! I rwally enjoyed it.

Happy Life Day!

46. John G. says:

Goddamn, David Tennant is such a cool motherfucker.

47. Tara says:

This completely made my Christmas. And I thought it was impossible to make me adore David more…this interview just pulled it off. And thank you, Chris, for being a great interviewer and obviously making him feel at ease.

48. Nati says:

I want to see David Tennant as the Master!

49. Am I missing something here, because I can’t seem to find the television special anywhere on iTunes.

50. Andrew says:

I’ve listened to this podcast 3 times in a row!! Tennant is amazing!!