Nerdist Podcast #132: BEN FOLDS

The superbly awesometastic Ben Folds joins us at Swinghouse Studios in LA to chat about song writing, the sexual exploits of Superman, William Shatner and helicopter rides. PLUS details on the upcoming Ben Folds 5 reunion. ALSO an A.MA.ZING live performance! On PROFESSIONAL EQUIPMENT. It’s almost like we’re a real show or something.

You can follow @BenFolds and/or catch his show The Sing-Off on NBC.

1. Sebastian says:

To this day, this is still one of my favorite episodes. I actually saw Mr. Folds in concert last night in Houston!!
    He still does the whole “ending a song on a dark joke” thing he picked up here.
    I laughed so hard.

2. Chrissy says:

How cool to come back to this and hear the seeds of Erase Me. Such an awesome song.

3. Ben says:

“Nowadays you have to repeat the chorus a lot”…. proceeds to sing to the tune of Everlasting Love

4. simplerachel11 says:

Haha! Nerds RULE.

5. BeaverThePyro (@BeaverThePyro) says:

Awesomest podcast evar!

6. Mike says:

I love this one! Honestly, I love every podcast you do. Chris Hardwick, you are an inspiration.

7. Ryan says:

Literally just got back from the St. Louis Symphony Ben Folds concert. Though I didn’t have my first beer there (there’s still 6 years before I’m of age, next Ben folds concert I see, you better believe I’m grabbing myself a Miller light), I did have my first concert. Better than I could have ever expected. Only problem is, all concerts after this will just pail in comparison. Just wish I could’ve had better seats than the very top. Would’ve totally screamed “Nerdist Podcast FTW”, and hoped for him to sing the Mr. Pibb joke. Oh, by the way, did you know that Ben Folds can tear up the drums? Because he can.

8. AJ says:

Great to see the group back together again. Thanks for the podcast! The new album is such a great collection of Ben’s work over the course of his career. Def worth picking up!

9. Emma says:

He seems like a funny guy! I’ve been watching him on The Sing-Off too :) Just ordered my copy of Retrospective off his site and can’t wait to get it!!

10. sara says:

Dude, that is so awesome you got to meet him. After watching this video of him promoting “Best Imitation of Myself,” he seems like a guy I’d wanna hang with: