Nerdist Podcast #13: THE MUPPETS!

Yes, THE MUPPETS. The Muppets came on my wee podcast to discuss the Entertainment Business, balancing home/work, digital culture and their recent Webby nominations for their sublimely delightful cover of “Bohemian Rhapsody”. They were thoughtful, articulate and generally wonderful. As a lifelong fan of their work, chatting with them may have been the single greatest moment of my life. It’s a fun, candid interview so I hope you enjoy it!

SIDENOTE: You can still vote for Bohemian for ‘Best Viral’ and ‘Best Music Video’ until April 29th RIGHT HERE. Do it!

1. Sheila says:

Hi! Remember when I was a kid, my best friend is a muppets :)

2. Lara says:

How have I not heard this until now… May I suggest Muppeteers VS Nerdist Celebrity Bowling? Please?!

3. Khayra says:

Best. Intro. Ever. Followed by an episode I will definitely be listening to again.

I discovered this podcast about 3 weeks ago. This episode has put your existence on a whole different level. Thanks for doing what you do <3

4. Superstarseven says:

Some people here have no clue what they’re talking about.
    That Disney understudy thing was held about 5 years ago.
    Any replacement puppeteers for the Muppets have been performing those characters for 20, 15, or 10 years. They’re all people who have been with the Muppets for a long, long time.

5. Laura says:

Chris, you’re so hott!! I loved you on Jimmy Fallon!!! Your Kermit impression was the best! Are you single??!? 😉

6. E says:

Sigh. This is the third podcast in a row that I can’t listen to. Yes, I realize they’re available on iTunes, but I don’t like iTunes, and I dont’ want to have to download it just to hear you guys. (However, I will eventually if it’s the only option. I’ll just grumble about it incessantly.)

7. Linda Crosby says:

I have a puppet ministryand I’m always trying to learn more.I do Birthday parties,church events, any special occasion. I love the muppets!

8. Alec says:

I was on the redline headed to work when Gonzo started talking about his daily routine and just went into a fit of public embarrassment. When he mentions falling out of a boat and calling for help my body decided to keel over despite my mind’s harsh protests.

9. Henry says:

Man, I hope the guacamole’s okay.

10. Chris Hardwick says:

Anamanaguchi! You can find them on itunes or at

Enjoy the ear chocolate!

11. Hora says:

What was the intro music? It’s chocolate for my ears.