Nerdist Podcast #13: THE MUPPETS!

Yes, THE MUPPETS. The Muppets came on my wee podcast to discuss the Entertainment Business, balancing home/work, digital culture and their recent Webby nominations for their sublimely delightful cover of “Bohemian Rhapsody”. They were thoughtful, articulate and generally wonderful. As a lifelong fan of their work, chatting with them may have been the single greatest moment of my life. It’s a fun, candid interview so I hope you enjoy it!

SIDENOTE: You can still vote for Bohemian for ‘Best Viral’ and ‘Best Music Video’ until April 29th RIGHT HERE. Do it!

THE WALKING DEAD Premiere Had a Subtle Heartbreaking Moment You Might Have Missed

John Cleese Recapping THE WALKING DEAD Is Simply Delightful

John Cleese Recapping THE WALKING DEAD Is Simply Delightful

Hyper Realistic Superhero Portraits Are Amazing and Terrifying

Hyper Realistic Superhero Portraits Are Amazing and Terrifying

1. Sheila says:

Hi! Remember when I was a kid, my best friend is a muppets 🙂

2. Lara says:

How have I not heard this until now… May I suggest Muppeteers VS Nerdist Celebrity Bowling? Please?!

3. Khayra says:

Best. Intro. Ever. Followed by an episode I will definitely be listening to again.

I discovered this podcast about 3 weeks ago. This episode has put your existence on a whole different level. Thanks for doing what you do <3

4. Superstarseven says:

Some people here have no clue what they’re talking about.
    That Disney understudy thing was held about 5 years ago.
    Any replacement puppeteers for the Muppets have been performing those characters for 20, 15, or 10 years. They’re all people who have been with the Muppets for a long, long time.

5. Laura says:

Chris, you’re so hott!! I loved you on Jimmy Fallon!!! Your Kermit impression was the best! Are you single??!? 😉

6. E says:

Sigh. This is the third podcast in a row that I can’t listen to. Yes, I realize they’re available on iTunes, but I don’t like iTunes, and I dont’ want to have to download it just to hear you guys. (However, I will eventually if it’s the only option. I’ll just grumble about it incessantly.)

7. Linda Crosby says:

I have a puppet ministryand I’m always trying to learn more.I do Birthday parties,church events, any special occasion. I love the muppets!

8. Alec says:

I was on the redline headed to work when Gonzo started talking about his daily routine and just went into a fit of public embarrassment. When he mentions falling out of a boat and calling for help my body decided to keel over despite my mind’s harsh protests.

9. Henry says:

Man, I hope the guacamole’s okay.

10. Chris Hardwick says:

Anamanaguchi! You can find them on itunes or at

Enjoy the ear chocolate!

11. Hora says:

What was the intro music? It’s chocolate for my ears.

12. David says:

The problem remains that Disney, when it bought the Muppets, immediately set about trying to find no-name replacements for all the voices, so they could fire the expensive ones.

I will never forgive Disney for the special feature on Season 2 when the Muppets pretend like they’ve forgotten who Jim Henson was.

13. Natasha says:

I love your podcasts so much I wish I could enslave you into making a new one each day! That being said, the Muppets was the worst. They sound nothing like the Muppets I remember.

Mild disappointment aside, when are you going to have Wil Wheaton on?! I’m waiting!

14. Nick says:

Why does Miss Piggy sound like a pre-surgery tranny?