The Walking Dead Panel SDCC โ€ฆ

Nerdist Podcast #115: The Walking Dead Panel SDCC ’11

Here it is! The audio from The Walking Dead panel at San Diego Comic-con 2011!! Chris moderates Robert Kirkman, Frank Darabont, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero and cast members, Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes), Jon Bernthal (Shane Walsh), Sarah Wayne Callies (Lori Grimes), Laurie Holden (Andrea), Norman Reedus (Daryl), Steven Yeun (Glenn), Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale Horvath) in front 6000 kindly nerds who patiently waited several hours to get in!

Season 2 of The Walking Dead premieres Oct. 16th on AMC!

Comments

1. Jeremy says:

Oh shit! I totally missed this panel at SDCC and was legit sad. So stoked I can still hear it. You guys rock.

2. Todd Erickson says:

This is incredibly sad listening to this…they’re so excited, and into it, but you keep getting these little bits, these little responses, where you can tell that people know stuff is going on in the background…

Maybe, one can almost suspect that Darabont know precisely what was coming…Just so sad.

3. Greetings says:

Are you guys planning on splitting the 5 unique podasts into separate feeds? I feel fine listening to talk about Dr Who and other television out loud at work but Sandra, while I enjoy the show, is probably less work appropriate. Help an ant(i)tunes brother out.

4. Kevin says:

I haven’t watched TWD yet, but hearing how proud the cast is of their work is only encouraging me to start watching it. Like, right now.

By the way, there isn’t anything that made me believe that the show has been spoiled for me, so if you haven’t watched it like me yet, it’s still a good listen.

5. Beeznitchio says:

This should be good. I almost passed on downloading it because I didn’t read the description. I thought it was going to be very that hipster dude-centric, but in reality it appears that hipster dude with the low self esteem isn’t even in it.

6. Anita says:

I don’t watch TWD, but can I still listen to this episode without being spoiled? Or is this your way of getting me to watch the show?

7. Billy says:

You have to get Darabont as a solo guest to hash out the whys and wherefores of his canning.

8. Pedak says:

Weird podcast to listen to knowing that Frank was not long for that world. Good stuff nonetheless.

Bonertown was gold, Jerry. GOLD!

9. Quinn says:

If everyone could word my last comment a slightly different way and post it that would just be tops. Sorry for the kind-of-double-post-not-really.

10. Quinn says:

The person who asks the Gaga question sounds exactly like Charlene Yi.

11. Quinn says:

Does Charlene Yi ask the Gaga question?

12. 2WheelTimelord says:

I hate how something like studio politics can ruin a good thing.

Didn’t the apes evolve from Cornelius and Zira’s baby Milo In Escape from the Planet of the Apes?

13. Teddy says:

39:01 – Big C says “BONER-Town.”

No one on the panel reacts, I die laughing.

14. Mike Harris says:

Awesome job guys! On another note…

Andrew Lincoln is British!? Since when and why wasn’t I aware of this? He’s a pretty convincing cowboy/sherrif/non-british person.

15. Frederick Scott says:

Fantastic podcast. Really amazing stuff. Keep it up fellas.

Now for a totally annoying, off-topic question that I apologize in advance for asking.

I am currently engaged in a disagreement with a famous (and famously curmudgeonly) comic book writer on his message board about, of all things, the original PLANET OF THE APES movie — specifically, where the apes came from.

He suggests that the apes are essentially mutated humans (or at least the decendents of genetically mutated humans) affected by the radiation from a nuclear holocaust.

I hold that the apes are simply evolved versions of regular apes, and that nature started over because human civilization destroyed itself. (I call this The Professor Faulken from WARGAMES Explanation.)

Keep in mind, this all based soley off the first movie, with none of that dog and cat plague bullshit.

So without twitter or facebook, I come here, to the comments section of a Nerdist episode, to hopefully bring about my day in Nerd court. What say you?

16. Amanda says:

Nice bloody Nerdist logo! Can’t wait to start watching this show; I’m gonna Netflix it right away!!!

17. JetpackBlues says:

I love how Frank Darabont muttered “Heh, more budget?” when asked about the new season. As if to foreshadow the static to come.

18. Magnoliafan says:

Yes because it’s totally AMC’s fault and that 10 million they have to pay Weiner per season had nothing to do with the cost cutting that’s going on at the network right now.

19. Anthony N. says:

I loved the panel. It’s a shame AMC screwed Darabont over, but that’s the way they chose to handle their business. It makes me more thankful that ‘Breaking Bad’ is owned by Sony, so they had more leverage when they negotiated their final season deal.

Speaking of, I hope you guys can get Brian Cranston on the podcast. He is an amazing actor and a funny guy. Also, he used to be a preacher. Who knew?

20. Claude Gaudette says:

I hope that Chris, Matt, and especially resident Zombie guru Jonah take a moment to discuss the ousting of Frank Darabont by AMC sometime soon (on a hostful episode perhaps?). It seems like AMC is pissing away all the goodwill they’ve built up over the last few years by taking all the showrunners who’ve made them a force to be reckoned with and fucking them in the face.

21. miliano2.0 says:

I saw the panel on youtube while back and everything seemed so great but now to hear about the issues that AMC and frank darabont had kind of makes me worried about the future of the series and possible future of other AMC series. I did really enjoy the panel though, like all the ones you have moderated.