Live @ Largo w/ Adam Savage…

Nerdist Podcast #10: Live @ Largo w/ Adam Savage! [NSFW]

I’m very lucky in my life to have smart, exceptionally nice friends. I happily count Mythbusters‘ own Adam Savage in that group and I was thrilled that he joined us for our very first live podcast. This was recorded at Largo in Los Angeles on April 5th, 2010 in front of a kick-ass crowd of delightful humans. As these people had exchanged hard-earned dollars for seats to this show, we made it a little longer than a normal podcast by incorporating live performances and taking Q & A from them at the end.

*SPECIAL NOTE: Adam did stand-up for the FIRST TIME in his life and DESTROYED. It was truly hilarious and I hope he continues to do it!

*SPECIAL NOTE #2: We all swear a lot in this, so if you wanted to listen to this with your kids, think again unless you’re sure the Internet has already taught them way worse things than F-bombs.

Excelsior!

Comments

1. Chase Roper says:

Well, damn Adam Savage for KILLING so completely on his very first time. He had his own voice, point of view, impeccable timing, a perfectly flowing story, et al. Great episode.

2. swagers says:

Best one yet! I’ve was looking forward to this one since it was announced and was not disappointed.

3. Amrehlu says:

Man, better late the never I guess. Allow me, if you will, to paint a picture of just how great these podcasts are (mind you, it will not be very well painted).

I’ve been busy helping a friend’s family set some stuff up at their newly opened bookstore (only one in town, pretty much sure, EVER) so when this first came out, I didn’t have the time to listen. Finally, I planned, “Today, today will be the day I get some good quality online game time and can listen to that podcast that I have been feverishly awaiting since the first time they talked about it!” I awoke at 6 a.m. (note: I normally wake up at around 5p.m. and go to sleep at 6a.m.) planning to hop on one of the computers and spend my whole day enjoying myself. Alas, as I walked down the steps, dodging our suicidal/homicidal cat to thwart yet another of her attempts to kill me on the stairs, I turn to see that both computers are taken. Fast forward a bit over 18-19 hours of boredom (with a brief respite from AOTS and Web Soup) and the computers are finally free. This podcast changed my mood from a complete day of sitting doing NOTHING rage level, down to one of those AMAZING day’s joy level.

No matter what kind of day I am having, be it horrid or great, your podcasts always make them 10 times better, and I just want to thank you guys for doing this. I look forward to the next, and every single one to follow.

Thanks for making me laugh.

4. Carter Lee says:

I’m gonna join the ‘best podcast you’ve done’ parade. The live audience really seemed to get everyone right onto their top game. Chris, Jonah, and Matt were all hilarious, and Adam knocked it out of the park, to use a football metaphor. It was the ‘Flax Crackers’ bit that really stuck in my mind. A vegan clown! I’m chuckling right now…

5. Matt Mira says:

Guys!!! Don’t worry! I STILL like the Dave Matthews Band.

6. Cortney says:

Awesome! Best podcast! Hilarious!

7. Brian says:

Hey don’t forget to post that pic of Adam with the Chris Tucker hair from 5th Element when you get it.. that shit will be epic. haha

8. Gustavo Lopez says:

Hey HARDWIK!!! great fuckin podcast !!!!!!!! started loving it since the Tom Lennon, jajajaja. Just wanted to say it would be nice to have a Penn & Teller Podcast (well that bitch Teller doesn’t talk, but they only sell the combo).

9. wunelle says:

I could listen to this for hours. Fantastic.

10. Patti says:

That was really great! Long, but great! Worth every minute of listening…loved Chris comparing Jamie’s mustache to baleen. LOL! Adam’s stamd-up was fantastic. I kinda had to surpress my laughter because I was listening through headphones, and it was annoying my husband. Too bad, honey, because I kept right on listening. Looking forward to the next live podcast. What a great idea!

11. Tom says:

Best. Show. Ever.

12. Don W. says:

Awesome show! Great to see Adam in rare form!

13. Christopher says:

This was one of the most entertaining podcasts I have ever listened to. Really great job guys!

14. Best yet. Thanks.

15. ciara says:

I JUST WISH HARDWICK WAS FUNNY.

16. Travis says:

The was pure brilliance through and through.

17. SK says:

Holy shit that was brilliant. I did not expect Adam’s stand up to be THAT GOOD! I was crying laughing at all his stories about Jaimie, too. “Do you any of you bitches want some food?”

Best podcast yet, great to have Matt and Jonah back. Although I’m on the freaking edge of my seat here – Does Matt still like the Dave Matthews Band?!?! The public must know!

My one request, and I don’t even know if this is feasible, but I would LOVE to see a video version of the podcast for these live shows. I’m dying trying to picture some of the gesturing Jaimie must have been doing for his stand-up bit.

Thank you again for the unbelievably awesome podcasts. I enjoy the hell out of these.

18. TheOtherSteveJobs says:

so – where can i give you money so that i can see the video of this… i just stopped laughing about 10 minutes ago.

i stopped listening to it at around noon.

19. Jofotero says:

Ludicrisly good. I am intentionally invoking rapper/actor/megastar Ludacris’s name as an adverb. I hope you feel appropriately honored.

Seriously hilarious and awesome.

20. Marissa. says:

Bravo, Hardwick! Loving these things. :3

21. Sam says:

That was freakin’ awesome! Everything was clicking from the hosts to the guests, the crowd was hot…so wanted to be there!

Keep it up!

22. jason says:

Amazing podcast, guys! I was having a rough day and was embarking upon a late night at work when my wife said “Go ahead and go for a walk.. clear your head first.” So I popped on my iPod, began playing the latest podcast, and just laughed my ass off. I swear, I was crying the whole damn time.

You know, happy tears!

Anyway, thank you for such a great podcast.. f*cking brilliant!

-jason

23. Katie says:

Yeah, the tendrils of the Ood=Jamie’s mustache is what made me guffaw so loudly in a very quiet work space that I don’t think my grad student compatriots will ever let me live it down.

24. taylor stecker says:

The nerdist has become my favorite podcast out there. I first heard Chris on Carolla and followed over to his podcast. Laughing out loud with ear buds in is awesome. Thanks for the awesome free content!

25. MJ says:

best podcast on the cyberwebs!

what is the song used on the background during the “disclaimers” at the beginning?

26. Eric A says:

Penn told the story of inviting a dwarf and a chimp to the same party on his radio show – here’s a link to all the episodes (http://www.pennfans.net/index.php?option=com_podcast). All of Penn’s radio programs are worth listening to. He starts the dwarf story on 2006.04.11 and finishes on some other Tuesday (perhaps the next week, I don’t remember and don’t have time to look right now).

27. Liana S says:

haha this was good

28. Andrew says:

Great stuff! Although I was worried because nobody mentioned if Matt still likes the Dave Matthews Band in the blog post.

29. Awesome podcast so far. I love your stand up, one of my favorite comedians. Getting to hear the set at the beginning was a great. I’ve got a feeling the live podcasts are gonna be my favorites. I’ve enjoyed them all, but this is tits.

30. hope says:

soooo good!
    well played mr. hardwick, well played!

31. mtf612 says:

HOLY SHIT happy birthday!
    Seriously that was freaking epic Jessica.

32. David says:

What a fantastic podcast. Been looking forward to it’s release all week. Can’t wait to hear you top this.

33. Jessica M says:

This was honestly the best birthday I’ve ever had in my life, and by far the best show I’ve ever been to. Thank you so much for making my 18th birthday amazing! 😀

34. Jesse Russell says:

ooo my god this was fucking amazing podcast and the best by far for me which is saying something with this brilant podcast you have created

35. monpine says:

Amazing podcast, as usual. However, this is definitely the AMAZING-EST! This could have been three hours and I wouldn’t have been upset. Thank you for my free entertainment!

36. Ero_Sennin says:

Midget vs chimp, I must see this!

37. C. E. Croix says:

Very good show. Adam did surprisingly and incredibly with his standup, and it was interesting to hear him talk about some of the stuff about the show, like how Mythbusters was originally envisioned and that Jaime was the center of attention for gay fan mail.

38. Ron Horsley says:

Excellent podcast. Really nice to be able to hear Adam not only do great standup but also speak without Discovery Channel’s FCC-friendly idiot bleeps on his language. Also nice to hear that Jamie is not so prim or above said language either (next time perhaps they could come together–Hyneman issuing a gravel “Fuck this” is for some bizarre reason a highlight fantasy of mine in terms of television personalities).

39. Tom C says:

This is the greatest episode of a podcast I have EVER heard!

40. The gay space palace got me pretty good. I’ll start integrating more combinations of sci-fi and homosexuality into my own humor. Thanks for that.

41. Joey says:

Guys, this is my favorite one to date. Simply brilliant and such a great concept of just sitting around and chatting about all things comedic and nerd related. Such a treat to be able to listen into this show and thanks so much for brightening my day as I listen to each one. Thank you so much for the great, free entertainment. :) Oh and fuck all of the people who complain about levels and stupid shit like that. I just listen because its funny and interesting and that is all that should matter (I now descend from my pulpit). :)

42. Excellent show. The start to Adam’s set was brilliant. Also, this being the first time I heard Chris’ most famous line, I have to admit I did a spit-take laughing (no pun/innuendo intended).

43. Stacy says:

I have no idea how you guys are going to top this. Great show!

44. Jonathan D. Silva says:

Damn you rock will listen to it during jury duty. I don’t have to pay attention there all i have to say is Guilty.

45. Sarah Clark says:

20 minutes in and I already think this might be my favorite episode to date. Well done guys!

46. Dave Z, BS says:

Awesome Podcast! Did Adam ever send you the picture of him in the Chris Tucker 5th Element hairpiece?

47. Jim K says:

Adam Savage & Chris Hardwick are awesome! Great show guys. Perhaps Chris should get a spot on Mythbusters 😀 Adam’s opening stand up was crackin’ me up!

the Jamie stuff was hilarious too!

PS: i only bring this up again cuz i’m a big Shinoda fan, my poster submission: http://jimkirchoff.com/blog/?p=3172

48. Matt Storm says:

Loved the new podcast! You guys were in rare form as always. Was great to get to hear Chris’ stand up and Adam Savage was hilarious as well! Also as a big Doctor Who fan love the references to it thrown into most of the podcasts. Anyone who is a fan of Mythbusters and Doctor Who can appreciate a good OOD/Jamie crossover joke!

49. El Zilcho says:

I’ve barely listened past the disclaimers, and already love it. Anamanaguchi rules.

50. Erin says:

Want so badly to press play, but waiting till my daughter is at school. Luckily, she leaves early today for Jazz Band. (#NerdistInTraining)