Growing up, everyone has that one movie that you can recite word for word without hesitation. Mine was Spaceballs. My wife’s was Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Now she’ll get to quote along with her favorite movie in glorious Blu-ray HD with the release of the new Monty Python and the Holy Grail 40th Anniversary Limited Edition Box Set.
In the video above, you can see Python members John Cleese, Terry Jones, Michael Palin, and the not-dead Terry Gilliam showing off what could be considered the coolest accessory to a Blu-ray special edition ever: a working catapult that launches rubber farm animals. You can now relive one of the funniest scenes from arguably one of the funniest movie of all time. The only thing that could improve on this was if it came with its own shrubbery.
Other special features include:
- Letters from co-directors Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam
- Q&A with Monty Python from the Tribeca Film Festival hosted by John Oliver
- Commentaries with Terry Gilliam, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin
- Outtakes and extended scenes introduced by Terry Jones
- Lost animations introduced by Terry Gilliam
- “How to Use Your Coconuts” (an educational film)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail 40th Anniversary will be released October 27th, and you can pre-order from Amazon here.
So what do you think? Have you already pre-ordered this, or are you holding out for the Super Extended “Blu-Ray that says NI!” edition? Let me know on Twitter or sound off in the comments below.
HT: Laughing Squid
Featured Image: Sony Pictures Home Entertainment