The holidays are here, and if you’re anything like us, you’re coming to grips with the inevitability of empty wallets by the time the new year rolls around. The only solace we can take from our sad bank accounts is that our shelves may be filled with gloriously nerdy things like the new Marvel Phase 2 Collection set to release December 8, 2015.
The limited edition, 13-Disc Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase Two Collection invites you to hold the greatest power in the cosmos in your grasp – an orb containing one of the legendary Infinity Stones! Plus Blu-ray 3D™, Blu-ray™ and Digital Copies of all Phase 2 films, in collectible packaging designed by artist Matt Ferguson. This set overflows with stunning Marvel memorabilia, including a gold-foiled page from the book of Dark Elves, an ancient drawing from the Morag vault, Avengers and S.T.R.I.K.E. uniform patches, a replica of the Tony Stark Tattoo from Marvel’s Iron Man 3, and much more!
Once you get over how amazing it’ll be to own your very own Power Stone (which you may or may not only be able to hold with 3 of your closest friends after a fourth makes a wicker basket around you), you may notice the amazing artwork on each of the disks created by the incredibly talented Matt Ferguson. Boy, it’s hard to pick a favorite.
Incredibly specific and yet still somehow simplified (I realize how much that sounds like nonsense), each piece sheds a bit of light on each of cinematic moments they depict. The color palettes are beautifully chosen and the details are astounding, especially the plumes of smoke in the shape of the Hydra insignia and Falcon zooming around in the background.
Take a look at the gallery and let us know which ones you like best in the comments.
Don’t forget to enter to win our massive holiday giveaway, and be sure to check out all our holiday gift guides!
- The Movie Lover: everything from Studio Ghibli to Monty Python and beyond.
- The Music Nerd: Death Star speakers, Foo Fighters Christmas sweaters, and much more.
- The Gamer Geek: Limited edition PS4s, elite gaming headphones, and more.
- The Science Nerd: Neil deGrasse Tyson tees, miniature drones, and other science-y delights.
- The Comic Collector: The Sandman, The Walking Dead, The Sculptor, oh my!
- The TV Obsessive: Whovian cardigans, Iron Throne replicas, and box sets galore!
- The Star Wars Superfan: Everything you could want from the galaxy far, far away.
Images: Marvel Studios