Make a Nerd Collage!

meI did this on a whim a few weeks ago, and fun times were enjoyed. Throw this into the “five-minute projects” bin: grab whatever you can and make a collage that defines your Nerdism. Then photograph it and email it to photos@nerdist.com so it can be added to the Nerd Collage slideshow. It’s going to Flickr, so whatever you write in the subject line will be the title of your masterpiece. We did this on the Nerdist Facebook group and it was spectacularly fun to get a glimpse into people’s lives via the Nerd prism. I realized after I took the above photo that the rolled up paper in the background was a French Tron poster. Really should’ve included it, but it was too roll-y uppy to stage. Now go to it!

THE SLIDESHOW

Comments

1. Marie says:

Just sent mine! I love celebrating nerdiness. :)

2. Can we add more than one Nerd Collage to the thingy? Speaking of thingy, I looked at mine the other day and it looked sad. It’s been a while since it was shown any affection. So can we do another collage?

Michael

3. Giggleloop says:

SUCH an awesome idea, just sent you mine (which I’m also uploaded to my Flickr right now). I had a blast trying to pick out which stuff to put in my little setup. And I see I wasn’t the only one in the group so far who has a piece of the Deep 13 set! :) MST3K forever!

4. Brooke says:

Yes, guys, it’s nice that y’all have such awesome collections of geek stuff, but I enjoy the ones that are more of a snapshot of choice items that have that “inside joke” aura – that’s why Chris’s is so good.

5. Ooh a french tron poster.

6. Shiri says:

This is not nerd collage related, but I was wondering if maybe you could change your favicon to something less bright yellow and less spinny. I’m getting all panic attacky just looking at it. :p

7. TonyWasRight says:

Hey look there’s mine! I suddenly feel accepted -tear-

8. Yay! Mine is on there! Which isn’t weird, because I already posted it on Facebook. But yay!

9. JPyke says:

I don’t think The Cave of Nerd pic really does the Cave of Nerd justice. I need to do a 360 degree panning video for you to really take in all the intricacies… Then again… I would like to get laid in the next decade…so perhaps not.

10. Chris Hardwick says:

I just added another batch to the slideshow. This stuff is AMAZING you guys. I love it.

11. tgsara says:

Mine’s got a jackalope in it. That’s nerdy, right? 😉

12. Horacio says:

Did you get mine? AOL was acting up, so i don’t know if it sent it

13. Alan says:

I’m embarassed how easy, copious and how close at hand was my nerdism.

14. Jaz says:

Whoa! Was that a light-saber wielding David Hasselhoff fighting with a light-saber wielding Jesus Christ?! Hehheh, dirty.

15. Mikey says:

Woo! My nerdsterpiece made the cut…..there prolly wasn’t a cut right? haha

16. Anna says:

Oh, good. No due date. That pleases the procrastinator in me.

17. LisaG says:

Somehow I missed this on the Facebook group! So even though the passive voice is used in your post, I’ll email my nerd collage photo now!

18. Audrey says:

You should start a Nerdist Nerd Collage group on flickr so people can keep adding to the group photo pool. Then you can use this cool slideshow tool http://www.db798.com/pictobrowser and to make a little slideshow viewed that refreshes with the most recent additions to the pool and embed it on your homepage sidebar.

Here’s a test i did of the viewer using the group pool from a flickr group called Through the View Finder

19. Alex says:

This was a great idea chris. (sending mine right now)

20. Chris Bole says:

I love the pikachu that you have, I actually have 2 myself. I think i need to get into the whole “nerd collage” idea as well, there are many things i own that can qualify me to make a very unique collage.

21. Skmaximus says:

Did RadNerd really just say “Oh Snap”? Luv it!

RadNerd, please print that and add to your collage!

22. Chris Hardwick says:

I really labored over whether or not to make this a contest, but I felt that it was just too personal and subjective to pick a winner. I think they’re all great. Also, I don’t want this to end. I want people to be adding Nerd Collages forever!

23. Mike says:

This should be a contest…#1. The golden Monkey and all the circuitry and wiring. #2 The star wars + other boxed figure wallpaper. #3 The Star Wars ( I think) figures lined up on the shelves above the couple dozen white comic book boxes.

Give them a paper shredder or something!!!! They are the nerdistest!

24. Great idea with the nerd collages. I posted mine pretty much right away from the Facebook site, but it seemed like no one wanted to comment on mine for some reason. I guess it wasn’t nerdy enough, or it just lacked the sufficient amount of nerd crap piled up. I guess it could possibly be my complete and total dominance of the photographic medium which scared people away from my award winning nerd collage. With perfect lighting, comes perfect pictures…I jest in earnest. I am just a little jealous of others who got great comments on their collages.

I love the idea behind the photo’s though. You should give us other assignments, and see what us nerds can come up with. I am up for a challenge.

Michael

25. RadNerd says:

oh snap! my desk is on yo flickr. thx!

26. Chris Hardwick says:

In fact, that IS a Berkley! Ryan’s a pal ‘o mine.

27. bvac says:

the squirrel portrait looks familiar, is that by Berkley Illustration?