Lock & Load with a HALO 4 McFarlane Action Figure Package

Lock & Load with a HALO 4 McFarlane Action Figure Package

You can’t keep a good Master Chief down. It’s been almost a full year since the release of Halo 4, the record-breaking latest entry in the popular and long-running Xbox flagship gaming series, and it’s still one people are talking about. We want to keep the Halo magic going by giving away two (2) complete sets of Halo 4 Series 2 action figures from McFarlane Toys.

Halo MCStage your own epic battles between the UNSC and the Covenant with a complete set of seven figures including Master Chief (with mini-Cortana), Spartan Scout (Team Orange), Spartan C.I.O. (Team Purple), Spartan C.I.O. (Team Green/Steel), Covenant Elite Ranger, Covenant Storm Jackal, and the Didact Deluxe figure. That’s a pretty even match, wouldn’t you say? Watch out for those Elite Rangers, though; they’re a wily, rascally breed.

On top of that, one (1) runner-up will get Master Chief, Spartan Scout, Spartan C.I.O. (Team Green/Steel), Covenant Ranger, and Storm Jackal. Still very awesome, still very easy to win.

How do you win, you ask? All you need to do is put a comment below with your favorite Halo game and why it’s your favorite as well as (and this is the important bit) a VALID email address. We can’t give you nuthin’ if you ain’t a real person. You’ve only got until midnight on Tuesday, November 5th, 2013, to enter or it’s game over. No respawning either.
Halo toys

While we’re talking games, though, be sure to pledge to join Team Nerdist this Saturday for our Extra Life event. Play your favorite game and help out the Children’s Miracle Network. You can do that by going to the Team Nerdist Extra Life page and making a donation. Gaming helps kids; it’s a scientific fact.

Comments

1. Jason Kreil says:

Halo 3, nothing like wiping out an entire section of the Galaxy!

2. Sean C. says:

I’m going with the movie “Halo: Forward unto Dawn” instead of a game. Sadly I have yet to play a Halo game. I’ve never owned an Xbox and have never had the chance to play anywhere else.

3. at00 says:

Halo Reach because it added shields and jet packs to the already fun to play multiplayer.

4. Tony Sims says:

Halo: Combat Evolved

After playing this on a friend’s Xbox, I immediately bought one and my fandom began!

5. Geekdad248 says:

The original HALO game – the one that addicted me to the franchise

6. Matt says:

Halo 4

In reality I like them all, each game is just a single chapter in a bigger universe. Sure you can wax on about mechanics and features but what I love is the storytelling. Here is one man against odds that make most tremble in fear but he takes it on without a second thought or hesitation. In Halo 4 he is dealt his harshest blow, the loss of Cortana and he seems lost without her. It is that kind of storytelling that has me excited for the next game to see how the Chief copes with her loss.

7. Liam Pittman says:

Halo: CE. Can’t beat the nostalgia of my first long nights of gaming, hunched over my PC playing pistols on Hang ‘em High. The mental snapshots of my first clan invite and my first teamkill from that game will stay with me for a long time.

8. Artemus says:

Halo: Combat Evolved. It did things with The FPS on consoles that made me want to play on the console versus my PC. Playing the campaign in a co-op marathon session was awesome.

9. John Knight says:

All of them are great! Good luck to all!

10. Joseph Wolfe says:

Halo combat evolved was my favorite due to the grand nature of it being a game changing fps and the LAN parties I held at my house with 4 xbox’s and everyone screaming and yelling at each other from different rooms in the house. Also snipeing with the pistol was fun.

11. Eric Voorhees says:

Tough call between Halo: Reach and ODST: both stories hooked me emotionally, which few other games have had such an effect. If I had to choose though, I’d have to give Reach the edge because it introduced me my favorite weapon, the DMR – nothing says “Bye-Bye, Covie” quite like it… :-)

12. sherry says:

Just started playing Halo 2

13. Greg Easton says:

Combat Evolved. It got re-hooked on FPS games. A total blast.

14. Sean Gilmore says:

Halo: Combat Evolved. The first FPS that I really got into and made me fall in love with the genre and LAN parties. Nothing like playing Halo in a movie theater after hours either.

15. Katherine says:

Halo 2, I spent many happy hours playing it in college.

16. Diana says:

Halo Reach. First one I played and liked it!

17. Jonathan Barton says:

Halo 2 – I remember all of the hours I played with friends back as an undergrad, great times.

18. Mike says:

Halo 2. My closest friends are spread all over the country, and the multiplayer was a fantastic way to keep in touch. What better way to reconnect than screaming obscenities while teabagging each other’s dead bodies?

19. Matt Kohosek says:

Halo: Combat Evolved. It was so good I never minded lugging an extra TV and my Xbox over my friends house. Keep in mind this was back when all TVs were fatbacks and weighed 40+ lbs. It was all the exercise I got and all the exercise I needed.

20. Michael Jones says:

Just replayed Halo 3 last week and it is definitely my fav

21. Travis Rogers says:

Halo 2, it’s when the multiplayer really took off and matchmaking was permanently enshrined in nerd lexicon.

22. Brandon Smart says:

My favorite Halo game was Halo 3. Halo 3 was the very first Halo game I played, and it made me fall in love with a franchise. Halo was my teenager-hood as opposed to childhood), and I thoroughly loved the emotional rollercoaster ride that came with that and every game since. To Halo 3, I raise my glass! Bravo!

23. Bert Nelson says:

Halo 3
    The best and most competitive multi player experience as well as the perfect conclusion to the story.

24. Matthew says:

Was never much of a console player until I got into Halo. Combat Evolved was (still is) great! And then it was all down hill from there.

25. Thomas says:

Halo 3 ODST: Nathan Fillion and the fact that The Rookie felt like your every day Joe trying to make it in a world of supermen and aliens.

26. Bernie says:

Halo 3 ODST Nathan Fillion’s groaning while hurt was orgasmic!

27. kanzaki says:

Reach, it was the only one with a story I enjoyed

28. Filip says:

Halo: Combat Evolved
    Alpha and Omega of not only the Halo franchise but entire FPS industry
    nothing compares to it

29. Sandra Campbell says:

Halo Reach because it’s the first one I actually saw and played with my kids. The others they played with their dad only.

30. Levin says:

Original Halo on Xbox. The LAN parties with friends on multiple xboxs were some of the best times I’ve ever had. Just getting the drop on someone from behind and instant killing them just to hear the screams of BULL**** from the next room were priceless.

31. Esteban Yanez says:

I validly love them all. Its one of my favorite game series. However Halo 2 will always be atop the list. Specifically because when that game launched my friends and I played it EVERY night for almost a year via system link. This was the last gasp of intimate gaming before the 360 and us getting Live. Kinda miss those days.

32. Bill Tackett says:

Halo 3: ODST. Nathan Fillion back in space!

33. Tom Antonio says:

Halo 1 ( on the PC) will always hold a warm place in my heart! A true game changer !

34. Shawna Batty says:

OK, I am not a gamer, I’ll freely admit it. I live with gamers and the only Halo they have ever convinced me to try was the original. I spent 5 minutes in a corner, shooting the floor before I gave up… What can I say?

35. David McKeever says:

The original Halo was the most enjoyable for me, because we were able to buy televisions and Xbox game systems in Kuwait in 2003, and bring them to our Forward Operating Bases as we moved through Iraq. Linking the systems and playing against one another after missions helped to relieve stress and make things seem a little more normal. It also created a sense of competition and brought us closer together when we would hear the intro music playing down the hall, and then the gathering would begin!

36. Jared hefley says:

Halo 2. Logged waaaaay too many hours in multiplayer battles just to get sniped as much as I did. But I enjoyed every suffered head shot.

37. Dave Mattocks says:

There will always be a place in my heart for the original. Excellent story, cutting edge graphics, and an utter lack of being called a fag every two minutes is why I remember it very fondly.

38. Bob says:

Halo 3.

Great end to the trilogy and it still felt like Halo and less like Modern Warfare in Space.

39. Sheila says:

Halo 2 – I spent a LOT of hours playing that one…unfortunately not always winning hours. :)

40. Ian says:

Halo 2 – was my first real online multiplayer and brings back memories of the team deathmaches we did back on college

41. Shepcon says:

Halo: Combat Evolved was my favourite. My best friend and I in high school played that game for hours every single night. By the end we were running through the levels on Legendary while abusing every glitch and overall just screwing around. One time I spent the night at his house and we started playing around 8pm in his basement. When we thought it was the morning we decided we’d better stop playing, but before the level was over his mother called us up for dinner. We had played for nearly 24 hours non stop, with no bathroom or food breaks.

42. Trevor says:

Halo: Combat Evolved

It’s basically responsible for my relationship with my best friend. It also proved that Golden Eye’s success on consoles wasn’t a fluke. Also, the Warthog. I still haven’t had as much fun driving any other vehicle in all the video games I’ve played before or since.

43. James Kong says:

Halo Combat Evolved.

It was the first xbox game I played on my friends xbox and we played the entire campaign co-op. It was the first step into the Halo universe that has lead me to playing every Halo game since then and loving them dearly. Without it, I would never have become a console gamer.

44. stathe says:

Halo: Combat Evolved is definitely my favorite. Even though I’m a huge Playstation fanboy, Halo really got me into the first person shooter and was pretty much the reason that I got an Xbox in the first place. Co-op in college was also the way that I made a whole ton of friends. We’d play across the halls and yell at each other because none of us had headsets. It was so much funnier to just hear people scream from across the hall though.

45. Jeremy M. says:

Halo Reach.

I’m a huge fan of the novel, so seeing a few more of the Spartans get some screen time in the world of that book was great. Though ODST would be a close second. That one felt like you were really experiencing the world.

46. Artemus says:

Halo: Combat Evolved. It did things with FPS’s on consoles that made me want to play on the console versus my PC. Playing the campaign in a co-op marathon session was awesome.

47. Ken H says:

Halo 2.
    It was the first Halo game I played. I skipped school to get it, and ended up getting caught. Landed a Saturday Detention, but it was worth it.

48. thanh says:

Halo Reach. Best Halo IMO. I just loved the story and probably had the best ending.

49. Bert DeRosier says:

Halo: Combat Evolved was/is by far my favorite. Must have went through the campaign 20-30 times easily when xbox first came out. My buddy & I would load up on Double Gulps & pull all-nighters before heading to classes 2-3 times a week. I don’t know if an experience will overtake me like that game did.

50. Rafael says:

Halo 2

My time spent playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live was the best online gaming experience that I have ever had.