“Knight Rider, a shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.”
Long before David Hasselhoff was keeping the beaches safe on Baywatch, he was the star of NBC’s 1982 series, Knight Rider. Although the argument could be made that the true star of Knight Rider was the Knight Industries Two Thousand, or KITT, as voiced by William Daniels. And while you can’t buy a real KITT, perhaps this USB charger is the next best thing.
KITT was well ahead of its time as an artificial intelligence inside of a high tech car that could accomplish almost anything. Hacking, surveillance modes, and even lockpicking were all in KITT’s wheelhouse. Several of KITT’s vocal interaction features have found their way into modern cars, but reality hasn’t quite caught up to Knight Rider yet.
But that hasn’t stopped ThinkGeek from outfitting the charger with the iconic KITT voicebox with light bars on the voicebox that also sync up to 11 different KITT quotes from the Knight Rider series. Including:
- I am a Knight Industries 2000 with a thousand megabits of memory and a 1 nanosecond access time.
- I’m very pleased to meet you.
- Anything you can think of, I’m sure I can perform.
- My sensors are picking up some very strange vibrations.
- If you’ll permit me, I have a solution.
- May I suggest you put the car in the auto-cruise mode for safety’s sake.
- I fail to see the logic of that statement.
- I’m going to have to make a pit stop very shortly.
- If it weren’t for me you’d be walking.
- As a machine I believe I’m quite fortunate not to have your human dependence upon oxygen for your survival.
- Next time you want something handled in a specific way, please be sure to tell me ahead of time.
Of course, it can also charge almost any USB-powered device and you have the option of turning off the audio. But where’s the fun in that?!
The Knight Rider KITT Car USB Charger is available at ThinkGeek’s website for $29.99.
Knight Rider fans, will this satisfy your craving to have a KITT in your car? Activate Super-pursuit mode and share your thoughts in the comment section below!