Something spooky this way comes! As we inch closer and closer to All Hallow’s Eve, we’re looking for new ways to terrify ourselves and get in the Nerdoween spirit. But no one likes being frightened all by themselves! No, we need cuddle buddies to keep us company while we cower in abject horror. So, in that spirit, Nerdist and Geek & Sundry are teaming up for a special Halloween livestream event on Twitch. Tonight, October 28, at 10PM PST, we are going to be getting livestreaming Michael Dougherty’s cult classic horror anthology Trick ‘r Treat with a whole host of your favorite Nerdist and G&S pals. Imagine Mystery Science Theater 3000, but way, way, way spookier.
In case you have been living under a rock, here’s a trailer for the film:
And if you happen to be imbibing some witches’ brew of your own, our pals at Geek & Sundry put together a little Trick ‘r Treat drinking game. Please remember to drink and livestream responsibly — or else we’ll send Sam after you:
- Yell out “Sam!” and take a drink whenever you see the pumpkin head kid.
- Drink whenever you see someone from another story in the movie.
- Take a sip whenever you see a pumpkin in a close-up shot. (There are a lot of them in the movie.)
- Whenever the movie switches to Spooky Vision (through the eyes of the killer), take a drink.
- When you recognize an actor from another movie, shout out one of their other roles and take a drink.
- And obviously, take a drink when you hear “Trick or Treat!”
Whip up our edible eyeballs appetizer along with your cocktails and you’re in for delightful little movie night!
You can watch along right here or join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #Spoopywatch:
Want even more Trick ‘r Treat in your life? Be sure to pick up a copy of Trick ‘R Treat: Days of the Dead, the recently released graphic novel set in the Trick ‘r Treat universe from creator Michael Dougherty; writers Todd Casey, Zach Shields, and Marc Andreyko; and artists Fiona Staples, Stephen Byrne, Stuart Sayger, and Zid. The collection from Legendary Comics includes four brand new terrifying tales that take readers from 1950s Los Angeles to the American frontier and beyond. Click through our gallery below to give yourself an idea of the scares that await you.
Images: Warner Bros./Legendary
Editor’s note: Nerdist Industries is a subsidiary of Legendary Digital Networks