I’m fairly certain The Force Awakens will be successful enough that the newest actors in the Star Wars galaxy will be okay when all is said and done, but just in case something goes wrong we now know at least John Boyega will be just fine. He can always make it as an impressionist.
Boyega sat down with USA Today and they asked him to do some impressions of some of his fellow The Force Awakens cast mates, his director, and one beloved giant fish from the original trilogy.
Here’s my quick ranking of his impressions:
5. Admiral Ackbar – It just seemed to be lacking the polish of some of his other impressions, but certainly not bad. [Editor’s Note: Any Ackbar impression is a good impression. -RH]
4. Carrie Fisher – Very specific to one moment he had with her and most of it was miming drinking a coke, but the beginning was awesome and seemed to really capture her.
3. Daisy Ridley – I don’t know how accurate this is, but from what I’ve seen and heard from her this seems pretty good.
2. J.J. Abrams – Now we are really talking. Close your eyes and tell me you wouldn’t believe that was really the director speaking. The mannerisms really make this great.
1. Harrison Ford – Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes. He sounds just like the old curmudgeon himself. I believe everything about this impression.
Which one of Boyega’s impressions was your favorite? What other person or character from the Star Wars universe would you like to see him impersonate? Tell us in the comments below.
HT: USA Today