There is no shortage of reasons as to why you might want to escape the realities availed to us here on Earth and retreat into the embrace of fantasy and imagination. So why not join the cast of Force Grey: Giant Hunters as they embark upon their latest outing through Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons adventure Storm King’s Thunder? This week’s episode is “Seeking Out the Sun Dragon” sets the crew through a number of obstacles, including a hungry ogre, a skittish gnome, the everpresent stench of fish, and the legendary Sun Dragon of Sword Mountain.
As you might expect, our heroes employ a variety of methods to make their way through these challenges—Jonah Rey employs trickery, Shelby Fero opts for intimidation, and our own Chris Hardwick uses that inimitable Nerdist-brand charm. Watch the episode to see how far it gets them!
Just to remind you, here’s who is playing who:
- Chris Hardwick (@midnight, Talking Dead) as Whil Wee-Tawn, a “bookish elf wizard”
- Ashley Johnson (Blindspot) as Dagny Halvor, a half-orc cleric who builds all manner of tiny clockwork automatons.
- Jonah Ray (Mystery Science Theater 3000) as Joppa, a human monk with a deep-seated passion for fishing.
- Shelby Fero (Robot Chicken) as Brawlwin Chainminer, a dwarf fighter with “a floating shield and a crippling fear of heights.”
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (The Mindy Project) as Hitch, a human rogue who always has a joke at the ready
Storm King’s Thunder is available this fall from Wizards of the Coast. In the meantime, make it your weekly quest to return to Nerdist every Monday for a brand new episode of Force Grey: Giant Hunters.
What did you think of episode two? What is your favorite moment of the series so far? What do you think will happen next time? Let us know in the comments below.