The dust from San Diego Comic-Con has only just settled, but that doesn’t mean that it’s time to rest on our nerdy laurels, especially when there’s adventure to be had! Ease back into the real world this post-SDCC Monday with another exciting episode of Force Grey: Giant Hunters. This week’s episode, tentatively titled “Frost Giants in the Swamp,” may sound like a weird reality TV series airing on the History channel, but it is actually pretty much exactly what it sounds like. Our band of intrepid adventurers–including our fearless leader Chris Hardwick–are due for an explosive encounter with some larger-than-life figures in a murky mire. Considering that this show is giving you a first-look at Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons adventure Storm King’s Thunder, I’m sure you can surmise to which manner of monster I am referring. And I used that word “explosive” for a reason. That reason may or may not be a necrotic grenade, but you’ll just have to watch for yourself to find out…
For a quick refresher, here’s who is playing who:
- Chris Hardwick (@midnight, Talking Dead) as Whil Wee-Tawn, a “bookish elf wizard”
- Ashley Johnson (Blindspot) as Dagny Halvor, a half-orc cleric who builds all manner of tiny clockwork automatons.
- Jonah Ray (Mystery Science Theater 3000) as Joppa, a human monk with a deep-seated passion for fishing.
- Shelby Fero (Robot Chicken) as Brawlwin Chainminer, a dwarf fighter with “a floating shield and a crippling fear of heights.”
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (The Mindy Project) as Hitch, a human rogue who always has a joke at the ready
And here’s the first episode in case you need to catch up.
And here is episode two:
Storm King’s Thunder is available this fall from Wizards of the Coast. In the meantime, make it your weekly quest to return to Nerdist every Monday for a brand new episode of Force Grey: Giant Hunters.
What did you think of episode two? What is your favorite moment of the series so far? What do you think will happen next time? Let us know in the comments below.