After an initial tease by the official Deus Ex Twitter account, the release date for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has officially been confirmed on the PlayStation Blog. The highly anticipated sequel to Human Revolution will be hitting physical and digital shelves February 23, 2016.
Alongside this news came the announcement of a tiered pre-order system, aptly titled, “Augment Your Pre-order”. It’s a clever way of incentivizing everyone to invest in the title prior to release. As more people pre-order, more tiers are unlocked. Depending on the progression through these goals, you’ll be able to set-up your preferred goodies. For example, reaching the very last level will grant access to the game four days early. Peep the video above for all the details.
Finally, details were revealed for the collector’s edition that’ll include a collectible 9” Adam Jensen figurine, a limited edition steelbook, digital content, and an art book. Square Enix has fully detailed everything you can expect in the collector’s package:
- Day 1 Edition Game: This edition includes the game itself, and ALL of the In-Game Content & Rewards from “Augment Your Pre-Order”, which are as follows:
- The Classic Pack
- The Enforcer Pack
- The Intruder Pack
- Digital Novella
- Digital Comic Book
- Extra in-game Mission
- Digital Artbook
- Digital OST Sampler
- Full Details on each item can be found at www.augmentyourpreorder.com.
- 9” Adam Jensen Figurine: An exquisitely detailed replica statue of Adam Jensen, showcasing him heading into the fight while simultaneously enabling his Titan Shield augmentation.
- 48 Page Titan Art Book: Comprising 48 breathtaking pages, this art book helps to flesh out the stunning environments, characters, and weaponry of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
- Limited Edition Steelbook: Intricately designed and crafted, this steelbook depicts the underlying reference between Adam and Greek mythology’s Icarus.
If you’re particularly into collecting all the figurines, you may want to plop down the cash for the collector’s edition. The early part of next year is already looking extremely promising when it comes to video games. Prepare your wallets, because this holiday season is already filled to the brim with high profile titles, and next year is getting more and more crowded with each passing day. We’d say that we never asked for this…but we totally did.
Will you be participating in the “Augment Your Pre-order” initiative? Will you be adding another figurine to your collection? Let us know in the comments below.
Image Credit: Square Enix