EDITOR’S NOTE: Here’s the Day 7 video wrapup of Course of the Force, the lightsaber relay from Skywalker Ranch to San Diego to benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation, via the Nerdist Channel. This time, it’s the run from Oceanside to Pacific Beach with Alex Albrecht and Ashley Eckstein hosting again and Alison Haislip on the course. As always, Dan Casey is also recapping each day at courseoftheforce.starwars.com, and that’s where he posted this:
“We would be honored if you would join us!” When Darth Vader said it, it was slightly more menacing, but there’s no menace at Course of the Force; the only danger you’re in is from having too much fun, and today’s leg of the relay from Oceansaide, CA to Pacific Beach, CA was no exception. Alison Haislip was back on the Sail Barge as we took the California coast by storm in Star Wars style. Today’s runners brought their A-game – and a surplus of Han Solo costumes – as everyone from Angry Birds Princess Leia to a somersaulting Jedi as fans and families gathered along the Course to cheer on our Padawan runners-turned-Jedi Knights.
The day came to a close with our Make-a-Wish runner, Alexander, returning the official lightsaber to its proper place by R2-D2′s side to end another fantastic day of Force-fueled fun. Ashley Eckstein and Alex Albrecht were the icing on the cake as they wrapped up the day’s events in front of an ocean view that would even impress a regular sourpuss like Emperor Palpatine. But enough exposition – let’s get to today’s highlights!
- Jogging behind a Sail Barge ain’t like dustin’ crops, boys! Fortunately, the Force was strong with these ones.
- All Hans on deck! These scoundrels most definitely weren’t flying Solo.
- “Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Unless you’re an Angry Bird, in which case anger leads to defeating the Pork Side!
- These are definitely the droids we’re looking for. Mama C-3PO and Baby R2-D2 were some of the cutest runners on the Course today.
- Beep boop! Even a droid like R2-D2 has to admire the gorgeous views of Pacific Beach.
- Thanks to Ford’s official Course of the Force vehicles, we get to ride from San Francisco to San Diego in style…when we’re not on the Sail Barge, that is!
- This young Padawan runner stood in awe of our awesomely tricked out RVs. Your move, Xzibit.
- But, in all honesty, there’s nothing that quite compares to traveling by Sail Barge. It’s the transportation of the future…today!
And for another great feature on all the Course of the Force awesomeness, check out this terrific write-up from Collider.com! Stay tuned to the official Course of the Force Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feed for live updates and behind the scenes photos and be sure to subscribe to the Nerdist Channel to catch the latest recap videos, interviews and more! Download the Qualcomm-powered official Course of the Force app to stay in the loop like a Bothan spy. Find out how to register for a leg of the race or how you can make a donation to Make-a-Wish. May the Force be with you always and I’ll see you on the Course!