EDITOR’S NOTE: Here’s the Day 2 — San Francisco! — video wrapup of Course of the Force, the lightsaber relay from Skywalker Ranch to San Diego to benefit the Make-a-Wish Foundation, via the Nerdist Channel. Our own Dan Casey is also reporting, and he’s recapping each day at courseoftheforce.starwars.com, where he posted this:
After a thrilling first day at Skywalker Ranch, Course of the Force soldiered on, bringing Jabba’s Sail Barge through the streets of San Francisco along the Embarcadero, the Presidio, across the Golden Gate Bridge and even inside Yahoo!’s downtown San Francisco offices! That’s right – even in your cubicle, there are midi-chlorians to be found if you look hard enough. Day 2 kicked off in style as host Jessica Chobot boarded the barge and rode it all the way from the Embarcadero to Marin County.
Then, after making our way through Yahoo!, the team sailed the Barge on down to Justin Herman Plaza where families and fans came out in droves to party Return of the Jedi-style (albeit with fewer funeral pyres per capita). Hosts Carrie Keagan, Ashley Eckstein, Chris Hardwick and fans alike enjoyed Otter Pop Ice Sabers, Qualcomm’s Mos Eisley Cantina and a thrilling concert from Journey Unauthorized to make the conival a Death Star-sized success. Tomorrow, Course of the Force prepares to invade some of the hottest tech campuses in the Bay Area, but first, let’s see some highlights!
– Course of the Force host Jessica Chobot was up bright and early with runner Alice Wong to kick of Day 2′s festivities!
– Yahoo!’s newest employee is none other than…R2-D2! The Course may be powered by the Samsung Galaxy S4, but this is the real droid we’re looking for.
– Launching the official Course of the Force app wasn’t enough for Qualcomm; they also gave out Vadering lessons with Chewbacca at the Qualcomm Cantina at the first conival of the Course!
– One enterprising family combined The Avengers with Star Wars to make the coolest looking supergroup we’ve ever seen. Tony Stark, please make your Mark 48 armor C-3PO-themed!
– Ain’t nobody got swagger like a Scout trooper does. Maybe this clone got some recessive genes.
– The Golden Gate Bridge may have looked like the set of Frank Darabont’s The Mist this morning, but it cleared up once Artoo melted it away with our trusty lightsaber.
– Life on the Sail Barge is pretty sweet and thanks to modern technology and access to citrus, scurvy is a thing of the past.
– The Force is strong with these young Jedi. Tons of families, fans and Fetts made it out to Justin Herman Plaza at the Embarcadero for today’s conival.
– Chris Hardwick, Carrie Keagan and Ashley Eckstein did righteous battle with Otter Pops Ice Sabers after today’s wrap-up show at the conival. Hand-to-hand combat has never been this tasty.
– Don’t you guys have a thermal exhaust port to guard? Who are we kidding? Even Stormtroopers need a little R&R.
Stay tuned to the official Course of the Force Facebook, Twitter and Instagram feed for live updates and behind the scenes photos and be sure to subscribe to the Nerdist Channel to catch the latest recap videos, interviews and more! Download the Qualcomm-powered official Course of the Force app to stay in the loop like a Bothan spy. Find out how to register for a leg of the race or how you can make a donation to Make-a-Wish. May the Force be with you always and I’ll see you on the Course!