After breaking a zillion Kickstarter records and rewarding thousands of forlorn fans with t-shirts, stickers, videos, and frequent updates, the Veronica Mars movie is only a month away. It’s actually, truly happening. Rob Thomas and the Veronica Mars gang have been sending email news blasts to Kickstarter contributors, but in case you’re not on the mailing list yet, here’s the dish:
We’re getting TWO soundtracks.
The music on Veronica Mars has always been an integral part of the series. Game-changing moments were instantly immortalized when now-iconic songs accompanied them (LoVe shippers will remember Something Happens’ “Momentary Thing”, for example, like it was yesterday). Even seemingly minor changes like the Season 3 theme song can still elicit heated debate over which version is better. No matter how you slice it, the songs in Veronica Mars suited the tone of the show and its kickass heroine perfectly. From the looks of it, the film’s soundtrack will be no exception.
That’s right, Marshmallows. Rob Thomas announced that both the official soundtrack and Josh Kramon’s film score will be released in March, and he also previewed the entire soundtrack track listing! Check it out:
• We Used To Be Friends (Alejandro Escovedo)
• Go Captain and Pinlighter (Emperor X)
• Holding My Breath (Mr. Twin Sister)
• All Around and Away We Go (Mr. Twin Sister)
• Criminal (ZZ Ward featuring Freddie Gibbs)
• Chicago (Sufjan Stevens)
• Stick Up (Max)
• Never Give In (Mackintosh Braun)
• Prosthetic Love (Typhoon)
• You’ll Never Find Another Love Like Mine (Lou Rawls)
• Second Chances (Gregory Alan Isakov)
• We Used To Be Friends (The Dandy Warhols)
• Mug Shot (Max) *bonus track – on digital album only.
You can pre-order the Veronica Mars Official Soundtrack on iTunes and Amazon beginning next week, and it will be officially released by WaterTower Music on March 4th. WaterTower Music will also be releasing the official film score on March 14th, the same day the Veronica Mars movie premieres.
AMC recently announced that it will be pre-selling tickets to the film’s midnight premieres starting Friday, February 14th. Don’t forget to grab yours before they sell out.