As 2015 draws to a close, all eyes are on December 18th and the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. 2016 is right around the corner, and that means it will soon be time to prepare for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Thanks to this new mashup, fans can prepare themselves for both at the same time.
The above video takes the BvS trailer and replaces the audio with that of the most recent Force Awakens trailer. With a few inconsistencies here and there, it turned into something really cool and makes me look forward to both movies even more. Some highlights:
- “Who are you?” when Superman arrives at his hearing, as the world questions his motives.
- The soft music, as Bruce Wayne runs into the dust cloud, makes it seem more ominous and futile.
- Finn’s dialogue “I was raised to do one thing, but I’ve got nothing to fight for,” as Bruce looks up at the destruction of Metropolis. I liked this because it shows Bruce realizing all the threats he’s faced as Batman up until now were nothing compared to Superman.
- Kylo Ren‘s dialogue hints at the villain of this movie, possibly the Joker (although with how many characters are SUPPOSEDLY in this film, it could be Gorilla Grodd for all we know).
- The final scene, with the soft Star Wars theme playing as Batman rises from the Batmobile gave me almost the same chills as when I watched the original Force Awakens trailer.
Overall, a job well done, and once again proving John Williams can improve ANYTHING whether it needed it or not.
So what do you think? Was this mashup a good fit? What other trailers would benefit from the Force Awakens? Let me know on Twitter or sound off in the comments below.
Image: Warner Brothers