AMC-Nerdist Relationship Puts Bonus “Talking Dead” Footage On Nerdist Channel, Bowling Show In Development For TV

Hey, what’s this? A press release? Okay, let’s see what it says:

amcnerdistrelationship2013POSTLOS ANGELES, CA – February 19, 2013 – Nerdist Industries and AMC announced a cross-platform relationship today for the Nerdist YouTube channel to show bonus footage from AMC’s Talking Dead, the live The Walking Dead after show hosted by Chris Hardwick. The extended conversations and couch talk extras will also be available on

Okay, we’ve seen the first fruit from that with last week’s bonus segment. We’ll be getting more. That’s a very good thing. But there’s more:

AMC has also signed a development deal with Nerdist to take their most successful YouTube program, All Star Celebrity Bowling, and develop it for potential series for the network.

HOLY…. I mean, that’s nice. And… yes, this is exciting news. There haven’t been a lot of web series-to-television crossovers, and it’s quite the thing for All Star Celebrity Bowling to go into development at AMC. It’s at an early stage, but just getting a development deal is a huge step. The potential is big.

While we digest that good news, here’s more from the press release:

talkingdeadlogo2013Hardwick enthusastically comments, “It has always been one of our main goals with Nerdist to grow content in the digital garden of the Internet which we could then evolve onto other platforms. AMC has been incredibly forward-thinking with us through this process. In addition to allowing us to distribute bonus segments of Talking Dead on the Nerdist YouTube Channel, we are excited to work with them to potentially bring All Star Bowling to television. PLATFORMS UNITE!”

Meanwhile, AMC’s EVP of Original Programming & Production & Digital Content Joel Stillerman echoes his excitement saying, “Nerdist has built a great following by producing incredibly smart, compelling, and entertaining content. This is a great way for us to expand our relationship with Chris and Nerdist, and we love the multi-platform synergy on a project like this.”

allstarceleblogo2013Malik Ducard, Director of Entertainment Content Partnerships at YouTube stated, “Nerdist is the latest in a line of YouTube creators harnessing the combined attributes of TV and the Web to build scaled, engaged audiences.”

The All Star Bowling development project is being produced by Nerdist Industries and High Noon Entertainment, with Nerdist Industries’ Chris Hardwick and Peter Levin, as well as Jim Berger, serving as Executive Producers.

What they said.

1. bob says:

disappointing to see since there will undoubtedly be far less drinking, and little to no swearing or any other fun antics. same general idea im sure, if not even more charitable donations, but wont be as good as youtube – especially for people that dont have AMC/cable in general

2. zac says:

How did morgins wife turn

3. Xeroz says:

Just as long as it doesn’t turn into some sort of reality show. I’d definitely watch it on AMC.

Hey @ChrisHardwick, you ever considered being on the celebrity Jeopardy Tournament? IDK when the next one is, but it’d be awesome if you were. Help get the word out to those ppl who have yet to awaken their inner ‘Nerd’. Although, now that I think about it, if they watch Jeopardy they’re probably already a little bit nerdy. 😛

Anyway, Congrats and hope it all works out!

4. Lucy says:

Ermahgerd! All-Star Celebrity Bowling on my TV?! Yes, please.

5. Nikki McCabe says:

Can I suggest to one and all that the next AMC and Nerdist crossover be Star Talk with Dr. Tyson!!!!! How cool would that be…. Congats Chris, AMC, and all of the gang. Rock on!!!!

6. Miliano2.0 says:

Rob, I completely understand your concern but I don’t see Chris getting rid of his highest rated nerdist show off YouTube. I feel the best thing they can do is keep the regular 10 minute version on YouTube and air an extended 30 minute version on AMC. Give people a taste on the internet and have them come back for more on t.v.

7. erik2690 says:

I love seeing announcements like this. Worst that happens is it’s back on Youtube (not bad at all). The upside seems awesome. Congrats Chris and Nerdist. Much love for all the content.

8. John in Ohio says:

Yes, yes, yes. Hoping for more great things for you guys. So, Chris, what was it like there at the “Crossroads?” : )

9. Rob says:

At the moment ASCB is free for me. If it goes to AMC only I am out of luck, as I canceled my cable TV subscription a while back. Hopefully the episodes will still be available on YouTube – even if it goes sub, that is OK for me as I would pay to watch Nerdist and G&S content.

10. Tish says:

To see all star celebrity bowling on tv would be the greatest thing ever. I could never stop watching that.

11. Tish says:

To see all star celebrity bowling on tv would be the greatest thing ever.

12. JetpackBlues says:

It doesn’t matter to me HOW I get to watch A-SCB, just as long as I can continue watching it. YouTube, iPad, Apple TV, AMC, whatever.

Yay and congrats!

13. Leah says:

Platforms unite! This is exciting – way to go Nerdist! I’m not going to lie I am severely pumped for any potential 30 minute All-Star Celebrity bowling episodes. They are so entertaining to watch and I’m always sad when they end after only 10 minutes.

14. beth says:

Psyched to hear that they are working on bringing celebrity bowling to TV! Now if they could just resurrect Battle of the Network Stars….

15. melf melfman says:

next web to tv thing i want is “bible camp with your head counselor, Pete Holmes!”

16. genepete says:

I can’t find my shoes.

17. Dan B says:

LOL at “Hardwick enthusiastically comments…” because of course he does! #memed (and congratulations, by the way!)

18. NeuroMan42 says:

Frakking awesome, and I don’t know crap about bowling but love the Nerdist Bowling show.

19. B.J. says:

So awesome! I don’t know the steps Chris took to sell his soul, but I need that checklist. CONGRATS!

20. JoshPossible says:

Congrats, Chris and all of Nerdist!!!! I hope it works out! I’ve always wished ASCB was a longer show!