♬ On the ninth day of Christmas, Grumpy Cat received… a Backstreet Boys CD! ♬
Alright Grumpy Cat, I understand that you have had some really bad luck with your previous gifts in Dynamite Comics‘ 12 Days of Grumpy Cat Christmas series, but we have to draw a line somewhere. I get that you were really stoked to get your paws on a Beastie Boys CD–who wouldn’t be?–but I am going to go out on a limb and say getting a Backstreet Boys CD instead is not actually all that bad. Hot take, I know, but now you have the perfect tunes for an ironic or un-ironic ’90s themed party. Their relevance is far enough away that they are easy to appreciate for sheer nostalgia. Don’t pretend like you don’t know the words to “I Want It That Way”, Grumpy Cat. You do, and you love it. Your furrowed brow is fooling no one this time. Let’s see what you get tomorrow and then revisit the Backstreet Boys CD to see if you’ve had a change of heart. My guess is that won’t happen., but you never know.
Just because Grumpy Cat has the worst luck in recorded history with receiving gifts, that doesn’t mean that you have to be responsible for giving truly terrible gifts. How do you prevent that from happening? We’re glad you asked! Check out our comprehensive holiday gift guides for any kind of nerd in your family! You still have time to get some holiday shopping in, and we are here to help!
- The Movie Lover: everything from Studio Ghibli to Monty Python and beyond.
- The Music Nerd: Death Star speakers, Foo Fighters Christmas sweaters, and much more.
- The Gamer Geek: Limited edition PS4s, elite gaming headphones, and more.
- The Science Nerd: Neil deGrasse Tyson tees, miniature drones, and other science-y delights.
- The Comic Collector: The Sandman, The Walking Dead, The Sculptor, oh my!
- The TV Obsessive: Whovian cardigans, Iron Throne replicas, and box sets galore!
- The Star Wars Superfan: Everything you could want from the galaxy far, far away.
What gift would you buy Grumpy Cat for the holidays? Let us know in the comments below!