♬ On the seventh day of Christmas, Grumpy Cat received the ugliest sweater you ever did see! ♬
We’re one week deep into our celebration of the Scroogier side of the holiday season. No, we’re not being visited by ghosts in our sleep after eating a spot of bad cheese. We definitely can’t afford to send local urchins down to the butcher shop to buy that fine, fat goose in the window every day. I’m not even sure they’re selling fine, fat geese in the Los Angeles area. And the only butcher shop of which I knew closed down a year ago. (RIP Lindy & Grundy’s.) No, we’re putting a damper on the yuletide cheer by teaming up with Dynamite Comics to run 12 Days of Grumpy Cat Christmas comics. As it turns out, shopping for a preternaturally perturbed feline is even more difficult than shopping for your loved ones. Things turn sour when Grumpy Cat gets a sartorial atrocity on day seven. Most Christmas sweaters are ugly, but this one is for the dogs.
(Click to enlarge)
While we cannot help, Grumpy Cat with her garish gifts, we can help you avoid making the same mistake with our comprehensive holiday gift guides. Take a peek below to find the perfect gift for nerds of every stripe!
- The Movie Lover: everything from Studio Ghibli to Monty Python and beyond.
- The Music Nerd: Death Star speakers, Foo Fighters Christmas sweaters, and much more.
- The Gamer Geek: Limited edition PS4s, elite gaming headphones, and more.
- The Science Nerd: Neil deGrasse Tyson tees, miniature drones, and other science-y delights.
- The Comic Collector: The Sandman, The Walking Dead, The Sculptor, oh my!
- The TV Obsessive: Whovian cardigans, Iron Throne replicas, and box sets galore!
- The Star Wars Superfan: Everything you could want from the galaxy far, far away.
What gift would you buy Grumpy Cat for the holidays? Let us know in the comments below!